Hi im serana

Notes:

Sorry for the late chapter been working and trying to avoid ice and crazy weather
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
Weeks earlier.

Dimhollow Crypt was full of vampires. At the entrance of the crypt, the Dragonborn almost fell over the corpse of the vigilant that was talking to Isran earlier. It was a rather chilling sight. His body looked like it had been drained of blood, a sick pale colour to his skin. His face made him look at peace while the sight of his neck torn out and his torn muscle and flesh looked like he had died in a lot of pain. Captain wasn't overly religious but even she hoped that the gods took pity on the vigilant soul and eased his pain.

_________________

the Dragonborn lifted an unlit torch from its sconce on the wall and buried it deep within the smouldering coals in a nearby brazier. The pitch caught and soon she was surrounded by a dim light Casting her gaze into a dark corridor, and continued.

---

The Dragonborn sat on a ledge as she watched a poor vigilant below get tortured. Schemes and more schemes, it seemed to be very popular at the moment. Every whisper in the hallways spoke of a different ploy. Murder, deceit, subterfuge, nothing was off the table for these creatures.

"You will not break me, foul creature. Stendarr gives me the strength required to defend myself from your mind tricks!" Captain heard the slightest gasp as the vampire sent the vigilant to see his beloved Stendarr.

"What in oblivion do you expect us to do now?!"

"Don't worry your little head about it, I'll figure it out."

_______

Moments later.

stepping into the centre of the cavern. Nothing stood out except for a single post in the centre. Common sense screamed in her mind to ignore it, this silly puzzle to return to the fort and tell Isran that the crypt was simply just another dank hovel that some vampires had decided to find shelter in, but interest was piqued. There were no sigils or markings carved into the post, just simple stone with a circular impression upon the top. She laid a hand upon it when suddenly a spike protruded from it, gouging her palm and drawing blood. Clutching her hand upon her chest, A purple flame crackled to life, sprouting up through the divisions in the floor. Noticing braziers littered along the path of the flames, it took the Dragonborn a few seconds to figure out the puzzle. The ground beneath her feet rumbled and braced herself for anything. The ground descended into steps and a monolith stood at the centre. With the barest nudge, the stone gave away and a woman fell into the Dragonborn's arms, forcing him to drop her crossbow .

Captain quickly noticed two things. First, the woman was mystifyingly beautiful. Soft, porcelain skin and shoulder length raven hair. She could feel the power residing beneath the surface and There was ever only one other woman like her. This woman was incredibly powerful, and time would tell if she would be another problem for the Dragonborn to solve. Second, her eyes fell upon the scroll on her back. The Dragonborn immediately recognized it as an Elder Scroll. As her eyelids opened to reveal two crimson orbs, almost like her soul itself was on fire.

"Who are you?"

The question caught Serana off guard. It was an interesting question and one that she hadn't ever really put a lot of thought into. Would she proclaim to the corners of this dank cavern that she is Lady Serana of the Volkihar Clan, Daughter of Coldharbour, powerful sorceress and alchemist, or simply Serana, pawn of Lord Harkon and Lady Valerica. As her thoughts swirled around in her head, a simple reply fell from her lips. "I'm sorry?"

"I've fought many vampires and they are all snarling beasts. Devoid of their humanity.

the vampire spoke up. "I have a favour to ask you, oh brave saviour of mine." The Dragonborn glanced up to see a wickedly sweet smile on the vampire's face. "Would you please bring me home?"

"And where would that be?"

"Well before I was placed in here, my family lived in a castle off the coast of Hjallmarch. It's near Solitude but not close enough that we have any uninvited guests."

"I just so happen to be heading towards Solitude. If you want to tag along, be my guest.

I'm Serana by the way if introductions are to be made."

The Dragonborn huffed. "Captain"

Notes:

Who's your favorite follower?