Sending a vampire home

I seriously miss this quest getting to choose between the dawnguard and the vampires but either way we help serana
Chapter Text
Somewhere beyond solitude and past wolf skull cave.

.....so ...Miss your family, huh?" Captain said breaking the silence with sympathy, although it was hard to tell with the raging winds.

"...Not quite. It's... not the most welcoming place, but depending on who's around, I'll be safe there." Serana said.

"Didn't you say it was your family home?" The Dragonborn replied. "Why wouldn't you be safe?"

"Let's just say that my mother and father had a bit of a falling out. I'm not in any danger, really. It'll just be more unpleasant to run into my father." Serana waited for a response after she spoke, but instead an uncomfortable silence just fell over the pair.

Captain simply stared at the woman, her Daedric helmet making the expression impossible to read.

"Ugh, saying all this out loud makes it sound so... common. 'Poor Little girl who doesn't get along with her father.' Read that story a hundred times." Serana shook her head as she spoke, an almost disgusted look souring her beautiful features.

".....Almost makes you sound like a regular person," Captain said.

Serana frowned. "I may be a vampire, but I'm still human you know," she said.

No, you're not because Once I get you home, you won't need me anymore. Honestly, this is the fucked up thing I've ever done, but the idea of a bunch of vampires with an Elder Scroll scares me shitless and I don't quite know what else to do besides follow along." Captain's voice continually grew less calm.

"What happened to you to make you so distrustful of vampires?" Serana asked.

"Not sure if you know this, but most people generally don't like vampires. You aren't the most popular bunch."

"Sure, most people dislike us, but you hate us. I've known you for a few hours."

"There's a reason. Instead of killing forest animals for blood, you vampires feed on innocent citizens."

Serana didn't push the topic after that.

_______________________

walking to Castle Volkihar immediately.

The Sun had just set as they excited the cave earlier, leaving them a decent amount of time to make some progress. If they walked all throughout the night at a decent pace, they should be able to make it just as the sun was rising.

"You know," Serana said. "We can stop and sleep somewhere through the day, continue the next evening. We can even walk during the day. It won't be pleasant, but as long as it doesn't shine directly on me, I'm okay. Just a bit weaker. You don't have to exhaust yourself."

Captain thought for a moment. The idea of her being weaker was honestly a pretty good one, it just meant them stopping and resting.

________________

After the blizzard had cleared Serana slid her hood off, brushing some snow from her hair. She actually smiled as she took a deep breath again.

( No one that old should be that attractive ) , Captain thought.

"How much longer until we're there?" Serana asked.