We Like Novellas in This House

Well, friends. This is not the announcement I was hoping to make, but here we are. As many of you know, I have, over the past two years, written seven novellas for the Open Novella Contest and was basically their number one hype girl (™). Okay, maybe not number one, but it was my favourite part of the Wattpad year and for that I would like to thank all the amazing people who made it what it was for the last two years. 

I was hoping to once again throw too many stories at the contest this year. That's the announcement I wanted to make when I woke up and saw the ONC book had been posted. 

But that's not the post I'm making. 

Upon seeing the rules (which would require me to waive my rights to my own work without compensation), I am going to have to bow out of entering the contest. 

I will still be writing too many novellas and hyping up other writers because that is my favourite thing to do and no amount of bad rules is going to take my joy away from me. So I hope to see you around for my Not Open Novella Contest novellas and my promotion of many other amazing writers over the next few months. 

I also feel obliged, as previous head hype girl, to caution you to read all of the rules before making any decisions to enter or not. You can find them linked inline here.

Onward to even more amazing things, friends. You are the best group I could have asked for. See you soon :) 

~ Eliza. 

P.S. If you made it this far and you're planning to write a novella, entering the contest or not, please let me know in the comments or a DM!   

P.P.S. I'll be back soon to share more exciting information on the novella (okay, novellas, let's be honest) that I'll be working on for the No-NC this year. I hope you'll stick around to hear more about my exciting projects! HYPE!