| Chapter 3 || Wrong Turns |

'So you're from the future?'

'Yep.'

'And you were cursed to jump through different time periods randomly?' Thalia asked, leaning against the dirt wall with her arms crossed.

'Yeah,' Percy nodded, patiently answering all the questions thrown his way. And oh, were there questions.

'Who cursed you? What year are you from?' an eager Annabeth asked. 'Oh! Who's your godly parent?'

Percy chuckled at her excitement, 'Well, I can't answer the first two but I am a son of Poseidon.'

Grover's eyes widened, 'Lord Triton?'

'What?' four voices said in confusion.

'No, no, no,' Percy waved both his hands at Grover. 'I am not Triton.'

The poor satyr's eyebrows scrunched up further into confusion. 'Then...'

'The gold blood?' Percy shrugged. 'Yeah, I don't entirely know what happened there.'

Thalia looked back and forth between the two boys. 'What does the gold blood mean?'

'It means he's an immortal,' Grover said rather fearfully. 'A god.'

All three demigods in the room stepped back in alarm. Thalia's hand instinctively reached down to her pocket where her mace canister resided.

'Woah!' Percy raised his hands up as a peace gesture for what felt like the umpteenth time. 'I'm not going to hurt you. I promise.'

'Yeah? Like how my dad said he really loved me?' Luke said with a sneer. 'I should have known better than to trust you.'

Percy's heart broke a little when he saw fear in Annabeth's eyes.

'Guys, look,' Percy took a tentative step forwards. 'I promise I am not like your parents. I won't abandon you guys.'

'And why should we trust you?' Thalia asked with cold and narrowed eyes.

Percy sighed, 'Maybe it's because I found out I was a god about an hour ago?'

The whole room descended into silence. Nobody moved.

'How?' Luke was the first one to break the silence. Percy could tell he was still cautious.

'Something to do with that,' Percy gestured to the faded golden apple on the ground. 'I got that on one of my...adventures.'

Grover seemed to notice the apple for the first time and his eyes widened comically. 'An Apple of Immortality?'

'Wait, seriously?' Luke asked, amazed, his guard instantly lowered.

'Yeah,' Percy winced, remembering what happened to Zoë. 'Not a fun time.'

'Cool!' Annabeth exclaimed.

'Not really,' Percy mumbled too quietly for anyone to hear. He didn't choose immortality. He didn't want this; to live forever while everyone around him dies. Immortality was something Percy always dreaded and now his worst nightmare has become his reality.

'We need to get some sleep,' Thalia said as she placed a hand on Annabeth's back. 'We can't stay here long. Get some rest, guys. We leave at dawn.'

'I'll take first watch,' Percy offered and at Thalia's sceptical look, he said, 'I won't kill you guys.'

Thalia continued staring at him.

Rolling his eyes, Percy recited, 'I swear on the River Styx no harm will come upon you while I am here.'