Pureblood | chpt 2

The Hogwarts Express finally came to a stop at Hogsmaede Station. The rain was still pouring heavily and all the students were running with their coats over their heads to keep dry. As much as I loved the rain, I mainly enjoyed it while observing from the warm, cozy indoors.

As we all at last made it into the Entrance Hall, I peered around and took in the beautiful moving pictures before my eyes. I was admiring the sight when I was rudely interrupted by the blonde called Draco. "Keep moving slut."

I was a bit startled by his choice of words.... "Excuse me what did I ever do for you to call me a slut?" I said
"I saw you flirting with Nott. Oh and Blaise.... Pathetic." Said the blonde

"I wasn't flirting with them, I was doing something called making conversation. And even if I was flirting, what's it matter to you?" I asked

"Just because I'm noticing something about you and pointing it out doesn't mean it matters to me Dévora." Draco said

"Whatever Malfoy." I said, turning around and waking away, sick of how despiteful Draco just became. I began wondering what all the sudden made him so arrogant towards me.

I started feeling hate towards the tall blonde, yet there was something about the way he talked to me..that made me feel butterflies. It's just the fact that he has so much power; something that I usually found attractive. But it was power I wasn't going to let him have over me again.  I couldn't possibly make Malfoy's ego rise higher than it already was. That's one thing I knew for sure.

       ___________________________

I decided I wasn't going to let Draco's mood swing take over my thoughts so I decided to focus on the beautiful room we were entering.

The Great Hall had four long tables taking up its space, with a big long one at the front occupying the professors. I looked up at the ceiling to be amazed by the sight of thousands of floating candles and an enchantment making the ceiling look exactly like the weather outside.

I began following Theo, Blaise, and that lot when a professor with a tall witch hat stopped me. "You must be miss Dévora, come with me and we will get you sorted with the rest of the first years." The old woman said.

I kindly followed the professor's instructions, although I truly didn't want to stand before the whole school.

I, along with the first years, followed the witch down the middle of the Hall and gained many stares from everyone around. I glanced down, feeling quite embarrassed, and proceeded forward.

Student after student sat before everyone, having an old musty witch's hat placed on their head. I gasped when the hat opened a slit and began speaking. Even being a witch, there were still things about the wizarding world that caught me off guard every once in a while. The hat was speaking characteristics about the individual it was placed on, at the moment being a short little brunette called Florence. The hat then shouted out "Ravenclaw!"

After a few more first years were sorted, my name was finally called. "Lily Dévora." Called the witch I had learned to be Professor Mcgonagall.

I made my way up to the stool and placed my body down. The hat then lowered on my head and the second it was placed on my head it shouted out "Slytherin!"

A grin plastered itself on my face. I knew I was gonna be in Slytherin. When the hat announced my house, the table to the far right began cheering and my eye caught Draco glance up and meet my eyes. After our eyes locked he immediately looked away and I hopped down from the stool, making my way over to sit by Theo as he gestured to me. Unfortunately this spot was right next to the blonde.

As I sat down, Draco noticed my presence and scoffed, turning away towards Goyle. What was his deal? "The last person to be sorted that quick into Slytherin was Malfoy" said Nott, turning towards me with a curious face.

I shrugged off Nott's comment when on the inside I felt a little spark.

After dinner, I walked with Theo and Blaise as we emerged out of the Great Hall and made our way to the dungeons where the Slytherin common room apparently was held. Typical.

I made my way into the elegant common room decorated in emerald accents. It truly was beautiful.

"Goodnight Lily, sleep we-.." Theo was cut off by Draco scoffing and storming past, quickly making his way up the boys dormitory stairs. "What's his deal?" Asked Blaise, making his way up to us. "I dunno, he's been acting weird towards me all night." I said, genuinely wondering what his actual deal was.

"Whatever, well goodnight you guys! Sleep well and thank you for showing me around." I said kindly, showing the boys a small smile and turning away towards the girls dormitories. "Goodnight Lily!" They both said.

I felt quite relieved to be alone finally for I was quite tired. I was also relieved, for during dinner I had been informed by my head of house, Professor Snape, that I would be receiving my own room since all the other dorms were full. Although it would be nice to have some company, I was used to being alone, being an only child, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I found comfort in being alone, decorating my space how I wanted, reading in the quietness. I enjoyed this feeling especially when it was raining outside. I love the sunshine but stormy weather is definitely my comfort weather.

I entered my room to be welcomed by a queen sized bed in the middle of the space; an antique, wooden dresser being placed against the wall in front of it. To the left of the dresser was a door leading to a ensuite and to the right of the dresser, remained another door, leading to a decent sized closet.

At the far end of the room, there was a beautiful glass window, a windowsill in front of it big enough to make a sitting space. To the left of the window stood a beautiful oak book shelf. This excited me most for I was quite the reader.

I smiled to myself, kicking off my low docs into my closet and removing my clothes, changing into my matching set pajamas.

I lay down in my bed after doing my skincare and brushing my teeth. I was planning on reading, but felt too tired to proceed with this, so I merely slipped under the covers of my thick duvet and shut off my lamp.

I was drifting off to sleep, when my slumber got rudely interrupted by a random unnecessary thought... or someone. Draco Malfoy. Why was that arrogant blonde intruding my thoughts? I started thinking about the way I caught him looking at me after being sorted into Slytherin. It wasn't a look of hate. It was a look of curiosity. Something about his look told me he was pleased that I was sorted into his house. Of course this is just what I perceived from it. Who knows what the guy was thinking. And then I started thinking about how he kept looking at me on the train. Again, something told me it wasn't a look of hate. I didn't know what it was, but something told me Malfoy didn't hate me deep down as much as he appeared to on the surface. And on those thoughts, I fell into a deep slumber.