Welcome Back Party | chpt 3

I woke the next day to a knock at my door. I grumbled wanting to sleep in longer. Fortunately, today was a Saturday and classes didn't start until Monday.

I slumped out of bed and open my door to see a note on the floor. I grab the small piece of paper and close my door. I open the note which portrayed the words : " Welcome back Slytherin party tonight in the common room at 8."

I'm not a huge drinker but I still enjoy attending parties and socializing, not to mention it's a perfect chance to show off my new Réalisation Par dress. It's black, short, and has small, pretty details. Nothing too fancy, yet not too plain.

Shoving the invitation away, I decide I would shower and then head down to breakfast. Hopefully I would be able to find Theo or Blaise to sit with for they were the only two who had really talked to me so far. Them and Malfoy, but he isn't exactly someone I want to see at the moment... plus Malfoy didn't talk to me in exactly the most friendly way.

I turn on the hot water to my spacious stone shower and kick off my clothes, hopping in.

The water felt so good against my skin and helped loosen my tense muscles. It felt good to remove my grogginess from the previous days train ride; I would have done so the night before, but I'm a morning shower person; it helps wake me up and feel extra fresh for the day.

After cleaning myself, I turn the water off and hop out of the shower. I change into some straight leg jeans and a baby tee, then dry my hair with a drying spell my friend from Beauxbatons had taught me. I curl my hair in loose, wavy curls with another spell and then style my curtain bangs. last was make up and then I was good to go. I prefer a natural look, so I simply put on some concealer on the spots that needed it, then some cream bronzer and cloud paint blush from a muggle company called Glossier. Lastly, I brush up my thick eyebrows and put on some light mascara to my lashes. Looks good to me!

I head down to the Great Hall and quickly spot Theo who beckoned to me. Theo is cute but not really my type and I definitely see him as just a friend; hopefully he sees me that way too...

" You look good today Lily" Theo says, traveling his eyes down my body. "Thank you Theo you like nice as well," I say with a smile. I notice Draco sitting across the table scowling at Theo and I's commentary. Good lord what's the guy's deal? I glare back into Draco's eyes until he finally turns away scoffing, "pathetic."

I shrug off the blonde's attitude and turn my attention back to Nott.

"So i reckon you know about the Slytherin party tonight?" asks Theo. "Yes I do, are you going?"

"Well i was kind of hoping you would go with me..." . Please mean just as friends.. "Oh yeah sure I would love to go with you, It would be nice to have a friend!" I say, trying to add in the "friend" hint. "Alright then, I'll stop by your room then at 8 then?" "Yeah, great see you then." I say with a kind smile.

Theo leaves the table, leaving me by myself.. well not exactly by myself. There is of course the blonde sitting across from me, currently reading the Daily Prophet and drinking coffee.

Just as I am about to leave out of the awkwardness, Draco stops me with his words. " Finding ourselves a boyfriend after not even a full day here yet, now are we?" asks the blonde in a scolding tone without removing his eyes from the Prophet. Great I really don't feel like dealing with his attitude today.

" Just because I'm going to attend a party with a guy friend doesn't make us dating Malfoy." Draco's eyes finally leave the paper and look deeply into mine. " You don't know Nott the way I do, Devora. He wants one thing and one thing only. And trust me on this, I have known him since first year mind you."