Glaciator 2.0 Scene Reimagined

Marinette was in an awful mood. She had just gotten home from fighting a reakumatized Glaciator with Chat Noir and things hadn't exactly gone well between them. She needed some fresh air.

Marinette climbed up through the hatch and onto her balcony, taking in the beautiful weather. She felt bad for being snappy with Chat Noir, but he just didn't seem to understand what personal space or boundaries were.

She opted not to think about it for now, she just needed a break from everything and this was one of those rare times she got one. She sighed, relaxing and leaning on the railing with her elbows in front of her. As she leaned forward, however, a certain someone caught her eye.

"What's Adrien doing down there all alone?" She said it out loud, despite having no one nearby to hear her. He was sitting by himself on a bench in the empty park, no signs of any other people around. Upon closer inspection, She also noticed Adrien looked sad. Really sad.

The young heroine hopped down through the balcony hatch onto her bed, startling Tikki in the process. She quickly apologized, encouraging the disgruntled kwami to go back to sleep and letting her know that she would be back in a moment.

Marinette raced down her stairs, slowing down as she walked out of the doors to the family bakery. As she crossed the park and neared his bench she went for a gentle approach. He was usually so attentive, yet he hadn't even noticed that she was there yet. He was sitting with his head hung low, oblivious to whatever may have been going on around him.

She stood in front of him, finally building up the courage to speak, saying, "Hey, Adrien, are you okay? You don't look too good." He looked up sharply, a little surprised to see her.

"S-sorry, what I meant was you looked really upset just now, that's all." She felt her shyness and awkward nature creeping up on her more and more the longer she spoke.

Adrien gave her a small, sad smile. He replied, "It's okay Marinette, I've just got some stuff going on."

Marinette's eyes widened as she got a better look at his face. He'd been crying.

She squatted down so that she was face to face with him, caressing his cheek with one hand and wiping away a tear trail. His eyes widened a bit and he regarded her with a mixed expression, as if he didn't know how to feel.

Suppressing whatever could have possibly held her back in that moment, she reached forward and hugged him, squeezing him tight.

Adrien froze out of surprise for a moment, his slouched form becoming ramrod straight. It only lasted a moment, though, before he weakly returned the hug. He rested his head on Marinette's shoulder, sitting that way for a moment, wishing he could always feel the type of comfort and compassion he was being shown now.

He pulled away, struggling to find the words, "Thank you, Marinette,"

She stopped him before he could continue, "Don't mention it, it's what friends are for. If you ever need to talk about anything just know I'm here for you."

He felt so touched, he didn't know what to say. Even if he did, he wouldn't have gotten the chance anyway. His phone began to ring, his Father's contact popping up on the screen as it vibrated. He didn't even have to pick the phone up, for he spotted the Gorilla in the driver's seat of a familiar car at the park entrance in front of him.

Marinette seemed to understand well enough, she stood up and offered him a hand. He took it, feeling a bit odd being at the receiving end of a helping hand. He gave his dark-haired friend a weak smile before trekking off to the awaiting car, looking back for as long as he could see her.

He would forever be grateful to have a friend like Marinette.