Chap. 1

"Hello hello hello hello! Where is everybody" George's booming voice echoed through the walls of the house.

The sound of his voice, excited three little people who were knee-deep in cooking. Jose Mario and Juan David, dropped their spatulas and raced to the door. Fifi, as the younger of the three needed some help getting down from her step stool before she was also racing down the hall.

"That should buy me some time. Thank you, George" Diane said under her breath as she went full throttle and busied herself cooking without the distraction of three little kids who believed they were helping.

George walked in with Fifi and Mario in his arms and David dragging behind a suitcase.

"Hi mama" he called as he placed both children on the living room couch.

"Hi" she replied distractedly, as she began flipping empanadas.

"Whoa. Are you cooking for an army?" George joked as he took in the mountain of food that was covering the entirety of the kitchen counters.

"No. I am cooking for the next 6 weeks. Come on George, we talked about this. I am going to be extremely busy with work and you promised to help."

"Chill mama. I am only teasing. Besides, you didn't have to go through all this trouble. I am more than capable of cooking"

"George, people need more than chicken" she teased.

"Hey, I will have you know that I am capable in other areas too. Chicken just happens to be my specialty"

"Mhmm" eyeing him slight skepticism.

"Its true" stealing some plantains. "What time is your meeting again?"

"I have to be there at 3:30" she answered as she began to dish the food into containers.

"Its almost quarter past 2."

"What?" she screeched. "Where did the time go?" now going on the double.

"Go" taking the spatula out of her hand. "I have it under control. I'll put everything away"

"Thank you darling" giving him a grateful squeeze before rushing out of the kitchen and up the stairs to shower and dress for her meeting. As she brushed her honey-coloured hair, she stared at the striking face in front of her. At times she could not believe just how far her journey had brought her. She had a beautiful home, food, a sizeable chequing and savings account, a profession she loved, thriving children and lifelong friends. It was so surreal. How she had managed to have the strength and will-power to survive everything she could not understand.

Her career was doing well and soon she would be signing a contract for a new series that will be her directorial debut. Her new series, was a historical fiction entitled Decade. It was a story of a group of people who had a chance to go back in their nation's history and set a course for events. It looked at doctors, entertainers, sport athletes, scientist, politicians and generals and what they would have done differently or kept the same. They must grapple with their egos, fears, antagonists and most importantly the butter-fly effect that could either improve the way of life or worsen it.

The first of the series was going to take the real-life events of the recording company Yora. From the 70's, Yora was one of the greatest producing and recording companies producing hits after hits. But by the mid-90s they were slowly heading into irrelevancy and bankruptcy. By 2010, they were a shell of what they used to be and had had successions of failures. Recently, Yora was privatised once more and the majority share-holder Aliston Tolhurst, grandson of one of the founding members wanted to revitalize the company to its former glory days. To accomplish this goal, they were going to come out swinging. They were going to rewrite Yora's history from the beginning of its failure. The series will show what they were going to do differently from real life events, to modern day events, it was going to showcase music and art. And Diane was at the helm of it all. She among others were writing the scores, lyrics and composition for the series with real-life artist both old and new from Yora. It was a reverse-documentary. Fictional with elements of the truth of power, love, music, competition, corruption, fame and above all ambition. true.