Prologue

In lush fields the gentle breeze of the crisp spring air and the faint smell of freshly cut grass, there is a group of people gathered in a perfect picture moment. It is a party with all the guests dressed in a strict dress code. From a glance one can see that the honoree is a person of prestige and standing. From the faces of the people one can infer that the honoree of the gathering was much adored.

"And man shall return to dust as he once was. Dust to dust ashes to ashes" one of the guests recited as he read from an ancient book passed down from generation to generation.

"Let us not weep, for we pray that we will meet once again in those heavenly gates where tears and pain will be no more. Amen" the portly man finished with a sad twinge in his voice. Today was a difficult time for him, he had lost a very important figure. The community had lost a person who had effected real change.

"Amen" the rest of the strictly dressed attendees replied in solemnity.

Nodding, he looked to the ball bearers and they began rolling the guest of honour to the final seating place. And as the glided black and white palanquin carrying the body of the honouree, with dozens of white roses thrown in respect, the party reached the height of the climax. Not many stranglers decided to stay and most got in the cars and headed home this becoming another mundane event. Funerals, birthday parties, in effect they were all the same; celebrating someone's life. The only difference funerals bring some relief as they no longer had to fake enthusiasm for someone they don't like or give a hoot if the birthday boy or girl dies.

But some people did care. For example, the family that had thrown the celebration and festivity. Still gathered at the resting place silence resounded as they were each left to their own thoughts. But the silence was interrupted by a gasp and turning in the direction of the person their perfectly controlled facial expressions dropped. No longer could they control their emotions or pretend to give a damn about proprietary.

Hastily walking they intercepted the latecomers who were carrying a bouquet of roses and one was even carrying a bouquet of black roses.

"You have some nerve being here. Haven't you done enough?" a woman in a stylish overcoat screamed which drew the attention of those passing by.

"We are here to pay our respects" a woman answered carrying white roses.

"Respect?" the same woman spat. "You are the reason for this? You caused this? You relentlessly pursued my family and destroyed it! You talk of respect! How dare you!" she screamed as she tried to lunge at the group but was held back by her family.

She was answered this time by a tall dark handsome man with a rich timbre voice who held a bouquet of black roses. "You are not the only one suffering. This is a sad day for me as well. I just lost the most competent adversary"

"You are sick! Sick I tell you. We are just a game to you. We are just cannon fodder for your sick depravities!"

"No. You were just fodders who were in the way of what I wanted"

"You will pay for this!"

"That is what the person in the coffin said. And we all know how that turned out"