Prologue

Hello! Before we get into anything, I just want to put this upfront:

This is the third book in a series. The first and second books—Blueberry Scones and Twizzlers respectively—are on my profile. Please read those first if you intend to read this or you will be extremely lost.

This book will be in two parts. Part one will seem unimportant but it will be important. It will take place in the past. Part two will take place where book two left off at.

I aim for this book to be rated for everyone but there will be some darker themes. I want it to be clear that there will be scenes/mentions of mental and even physical abuse. I will put warnings ahead of those chapters and will try to keep them as light as possible. I don't want the rating to be misleading to anyone, but I also don't want to give it a mature label if it's not needed.

.

.

.

I'd always wanted to be a dancer. Did you know that? I don't think you did. How could you, though? I never told you everything about me like you believe I did. Perhaps that's a good thing. It means you have less against me. 

But I know you would swear up and down that you know every little thing about me, huh? That was something I always hated about you. Your confidence in your ignorance was infuriating. Now it's just pathetic. You don't know me. No one does, not even the people related to me by blood. No one has come close, as much as people would like to say otherwise.

No one except him. I think he gets it. Gets me. It's almost scary. I don't even have to say anything for him to just...know. It's almost like he has some sort of superpower. Who knew werewolves could be mind readers? I certainly didn't expect anyone to be able to look at me and know what was wrong. But, he does. It makes me happy. I think I noticed it the second our eyes met. That look in those beautiful brown eyes told me that this man would take care of me as no one else has. 

It's almost scary, you know? Spending all my life relying on myself only for someone else to be my hero. Ha! A hero. That's what he is. A hero. The hero that's going to slay the evil dragon. Would that be me? The dark part of me that I've locked away for so long. The part of me that craves violence, that craves revenge. The part of me that you worship so much. I hate that part of me. I hope he slays it. I hope he crushes it to dust. 

I don't quite know why I'm letting you know all of this. Maybe it's my way of finding closure.  We had good times, after all. You helped me understand myself and my limits. Maybe this is some long-winded, over-complicated thank you. And goodbye. Goodbye to the person I once was, and goodbye to you. I hope you rot in the pits of hell where you belong. No, there must be a place for people like you that is worst than hell. 

So, goodbye. I won't miss you. I have a new life now. I have a mate who loves me and who wants me for who I am, flaws and all. I dance for him sometimes. He tells me I look beautiful. You used to call me beautiful, too, didn't you? I remember. But I'll forget it soon. I don't need those memories holding me back. 

These are my last words to you. Whether they even reach you or not is irrelevant. I don't want you in my life anymore. 

Sincerely,

Rin.

.

.

.

I'm so sorry it took me an entire year to start this book. I've been going through a lot and it's been hard for me to start this book. I can't guarantee that I will have many consistent chapters up anytime soon, but I can say that I'm not giving up and I'm trying to work on the chapters. Instead, add this book to your libraries or lists so that when I do update, y'all can see.

Thank you for your patience and enjoy Sakura Mochi!

- Mel