Chapter 7 - Internet Persona?

Wilbur POV.

I sit in my room, I'm worried about Tommy, and my reputation. Mostly Tommy. Me shouting at him is live, I've seen tons of clips of it and the affect its had on him. Jack calmed him down, people are calling him "Tommy's big brother", and they're trying to cancel me for it. They're giving me death threats and to stay away from Tommy. I doubt Tommy would wanna see me anyway.

3rd POV

Wilbur hasn't spoken to anyone, he's laid in bed, having trouble getting up, he's been thinking about what happened in the past few days. Phil called over once to check on him.

Tommy and Jack were sat in a restaurant, people have been coming up to him, asking if he was alright? Every answer was the same. "Yep, I'm a big man!" And everytime, Jack gave him that same worried look. "Tommy, I was thinking, we should go to Wil and check on him." Tommy looks at him, then looks back down. "Its just, you know what he's like when he upsets you? He hasn't spoken to anyone in days, and he hasn't been active on any social media." Jack puts his fork down, and crosses his arms. "We need to sort it out, he's getting death threats." Tommy puts his fork down and puts money down, leaving.

In the car, its been silent the whole ride. "Do you think he's gonna be okay?" Jack looks at Tommy and nods "yeah, its Wilbur, when he's at his worst, he always has a way to bounce back" Tommy nods in agreement and looks out the window. Jack parks the car, getting out, he walks and knocks on the door. Tommy follows him.

A few minutes later, Wilbur opens the door and looks them up and down before closing it slightly. Jack grabs the handle and pushes himself in, Tommy walks in after. "What do you want Jack?" Jack looks at him, then at Tommy. "Well, you two are making up, and we're gonna sort it out." Tommy looks at Wilbur, then down, "it was Jack's idea." Wilbur nods and sits down. "Go Live, explain it and then make up. I'll manage the stream." Jack grabs his computer and sits it down towards Wilbur. Tommy sits next to him, keeping himself enclosed.

Jack hits the go live button and Tommy's the first to talk. "Hi, chat, Wil and I are here to explain what happened a few days ago. Uhm, it's all my fault, I will take the blame." Wilbur looks at him, and then at Jack. "I am suffering with my mental health, and... self harm." Wilbur looks alarmed at this, and covers his face with his hands. "I'm a few days clean, Techno was the first to know about this. He came to England to help me, it started to get better knowing I'd have someone to speak to. The night before he arrived, I was anxious and decided to run away in the morning." Wilbur looks at Tommy, "you don't have to mention this all.." Tommy looks at him and shrugs "We're explaining why it all started. Uhm, I saw Jack and he called my mum, she took me home, then Techno asked me questions, we went out with Jack and Niki, and then..." Wilbur looks up and sits back "Techno rang me, asked me to come surprise Tommy, and when I got back, and we saw each other, we went to my house. Jack told us Tommy felt sick and he was dizzy so he was gonna take him home. They went on a road trip without telling anyone. Tommy sent me a message 10 minutes later saying "bye" and that was it."

They answered a few questions from chat and started explaining again. "Jack and I went live, Wil told me to answer my phone, I answered and that was the conversation you heard." Wilbur looks at chat and stands up. "I'm off to shower. I'll be back soon." Jack stands up and walks, sitting next to Tommy.

Wilbur turns the corner and stops to listen as Tommy answered a question from one of the viewers. "Why have you forgiven him? Uhm, I haven't fully forgiven him yet. Jack told us to explain the situation, so, here I am." Wilbur sighs and walks to his room shutting the door. He lays down on his bed and closes his eyes. "I think we should end this live, Tommy has had a rough week and well, he needs to get to home. Bye chat." Jack hits the end stream button and stands up grabbing his jacket, Tommy stands up and walks outside.

Tommy arrives home and walks inside. Techno and his mum are having a drink in the living room. He gives them a smile and heads to the kitchen. Techno stands up following him. "Tommy? Where do you self harm?" He tenses up and forgot he mentioned that part. "I used to scratch my arms, it's been a few days since I last did it though." He nods and leans on the side, Tommy grabs a can of coke and walks sitting at the table. He's always been a good liar. "Has Tubbo or Ranboo reached out to you lately?" Tommy shakes his head and brushes it off. "They're probably busy with Bill and Aimsey." Techno walks and sits next to him.

"They're still your friends. They should've reached out and asked if you were okay, especially with that whole Wilbur situation. Even Phil has tried to reach you." Tommy looks at him and grabs his phone "that's because Phils my canonical dad, it's his duty." Techno chuckles, "Tommy, he's worried about you. We all are." Tommy nods and grabs his phone scrolling through twitter, "Don't be, I'm just a burden. Anyway, I'm moving into my own house soon, in Brighton. I should probably be used to caring for myself." He reads his dm's from "Badlinu" and smiles slightly. He replies, telling him he's fine and not to worry. Then he looks at his dm's from Schlatt "look kid, I couldn't care less about your feelings or whatever, but dm me when you need to or something. Jambo would be glad to help." He smiles as he reads it, and thanks him. No dm from Tubbo or Ranboo at all.

"That sounds like being friends with you is an Internet persona they display."

Techno was right, once again.