6

"Good morning, Vietnam!"

Jimmy eagerly called out to Sean as he entered the kitchen on the bright, Saturday morning. Sean groaned upon hearing his friend's voice, and knowing he'd ask for some food, he cracked another egg into his pan for Jimmy. Sean was currently making bacon and eggs for himself, a task he normally doesn't have time to do anymore. He had gotten up unusually early today, and rather than roll over and sleep until noon, he forced himself to start his day. And a productive day it was, seeing as he had already gone for a run, showered, and is now cooking for himself.

"Mr. Schmidt," he greeted over his shoulder, keeping his attention focused on his scrambled eggs.

"Oh, I like 'em over-easy, please," Jimmy said to him as he made his way to the fridge, not bothering to look at Sean's current progress on the eggs.

"Well, sucks. I'm making scrambled," Sean said to him, turning to face him briefly. Jimmy's face was stuck deep in the fridge.

"Eh, that's fine," he replied, his voice muffled by the plastic walls. "Are we outta orange juice?"

"I think so," Sean said. "But there might still be some apple cider."

"No, I finished it yesterday. That and the Fireball. And Reece drank the last of the Bud Light." Jimmy shut the door and walked into the living room.

"So we're completely out of alcohol," Sean gathered flatly. "Awesome."

"I'll run to the store after breakfast," Jimmy reassured him with a nonchalant wave of his hand. Sean looked at him sprawled out on one of the sofas, comfortably spreading about, still in his pjs. Looking at Jimmy was making him anxious, a reminder that he shouldn't relax like him because he's already gotten a great start to his day. Sean shook his head.

"No, I'll go. I've gotta run some errands today anyways." Not a complete lie. Sean could find a way to occupy his time after going grocery shopping. He could visit his parents, stop and grab a coffee somewhere, answer some emails on his day-off. Who says a Saturday doesn't have to be productive?

"Oh, bubbeleh," Jimmy affectionately blew a relieved kiss to Sean, "You're too good to me."

Sean stirred the eggs with a smirk and a light chuckle. He cocked his head to the side sarcastically. "Yeah, maybe one time you can do the cooking!"

"Oh, ha-ha," Jimmy mocked, squinting. It seemed impossible that he could sink any further into the couch, but Jimmy was known to defy expectations. And gravity. "I'll cook for you, honey buns. Honey buns...oh shit! I'll make some rugelach. How good does that sound right now?"

Sean turned his full body towards Jimmy to express his disgust. "No. Don't ruin rugelach for me." He turned back towards the stove.

"How could anyone screw up rugelach?" Jimmy asked rhetorically, with clear offense taken.

"There's, like, a thousand ways to screw up rugelach and I know you'd do fuckin' all of them," Sean replied, moving his eggs from the pan onto the two plates in front of him. Jimmy huffed as Sean placed three pieces of bacon on each plate. "Breakfast is ready."

Jimmy made his way back into the kitchen and stopped in front of Sean, giving him a warm, slightly sardonic smile. "Mmm. Thank you, bubbeleh."

*

"Maggie?" Sean recognized the back of her head in front of the produce aisle as he shopped. He almost blushed at the idea that the two of them could've become so acquainted so quickly that he didn't have to see her face to know it was her — he could tell by the stylish coat she was wearing and her near-perfect posture.