𝟬𝟮. 𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗗-𝗜𝗡-𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗗

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

TWO | SECOND-IN-COMMAND

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

HANDS CLASPED BEHIND his back, Apollos admired the scenery from their large window. They had just arrived on Earth aboard their starship, the Domo, and were told that they have to eliminate the Deviants, apex predators that hunt and wipe down all life. He tilted his head to the right as he witnessed humans crawl out of their tents to eat. Their starship was invisible to their naked eye and they had no idea they were already hovering above them.

"Apollos..."

The Eternal didn't have to turn around to know it was Ajak standing behind him. "So, this is... Earth."

"You're spending too much time alone here." observed Ajak, now walking up to his right. "The others have been looking for you."

"It's just that everyone including you can remember Olympia," confessed Apollos, glancing down to his feet. "But I somehow don't? It's frustrating. I'm the only one here who feels like something is wrong."

Apollos couldn't exactly explain what he was feeling. He perfectly recalled his memories in Olympia, but he felt like he never actually lived them. It was like it was just there, just implanted for him to believe. Actually, it all started when Phastos and Gilgamesh talked to him about their life in Olympia and a bothersome feeling pestered him then. From then on, he withdrew from the rest of his group, preferring to be alone so he could think more about it.

"And you know my instincts are never wrong, Ajak. You told me so yourself." He added, now turning to fully face his leader. He was displeased with what he was feeling. Apollos' intuitive precognition never made a mistake, it was always accurate. Like earlier, his instincts told him that he should stay by the entrance of their huddle room. Even though he didn't know why exactly he should do it, he followed and later on, discovered that the reason why his intuition advised him to stand by was because Sersi was going to trip over her feet and he caught her just on time before she collided with the ground.

"It's the reason why you made me your second-in-command. Look, I remember these memories, but I don't feel like I've lived them or experienced them myself. There are even gaps in my memory -- "

"Apollos, listen to me." Ajak soothed him, her voice like honey in his ears. Placing her hands on his arms, she reassured him, "I'll explain why this is all happening, but I need you to focus first on the mission. Can I trust you to do that?"

Apollos inhaled, nodding his head. There were many things he should focus on first. Earth was in need of their help and protection from Deviants. "Yes, of course."

"Good. Now, I believe Gilgamesh and the others will be needing your assistance. We have sighted four Deviants on our landing site."

Without saying another word, Apollos proceeded to leave the room, heading over to where their fighters were. Gilgamesh, Thena, Kingo, Makkari, and Ikaris stood by, waiting for him. They were all wearing the uniforms they were provided with. Apollos glanced at his own suit, a plum and silver one.