𝟬𝟲. 𝗔 𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗙𝗨𝗟 𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

SIX | A VERY BEAUTIFUL NAME

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE DESERT WAS singed-brown. The land was flat and barren. Only the odd brittle bush broke up the emptiness of the desert. A screaming hawk flew overhead and the sun above shone very brightly. It seemed like it was raining fire that Apollos removed his coat and popped open the first three buttons of his long sleeved polo to let his body breathe. He began quenching for thirst and an uncomfortable feeling of sweat slowly started to run down his back as they travelled further through the desert of Australia. According to Apollos' contact, the one he ordered to keep an eye on Thena and Gilgamesh and secretly assist them, the two exiles settled far away from civilization, almost in the middle of the Great Victoria desert.

"How are you and your family, Clint?" replied Apollos, his finger hovering his bluetooth earpiece. Every now and then, the two of them would check and support each other. Sometimes, Apollos would even go as far as to fly to America just to meet again with Natasha's closest friend. They would talk about Clint's family, Apollos' work, or their memories about Natasha. It has always been that it was best to talk about those we have lost so we don't forget. That's what Clint and Apollos tend to do.

"They're doin' great, man. Thanks by the way for the presents. The kids love it. Nathaniel is ecstatic with the toy you gave him."

Apollos smiled. Nathaniel, according to his fianceé, was supposed to be Natasha, but then the results came out and it turns out, the baby was a boy. Natasha became his godmother though, and so Apollos did everything for the little man. He wanted his fianceé's legacy to live on and protect her honor. Only few acknowledged her sacrifice, making Apollos determined to make sure that her deed would not go unremembered. Hence, the orphanage foundation was renamed from Hope Orphanage Foundation to Natasha Romanoff Memorial Orphanage Foundation.

"That's great, Clint. What about you? How are you?"

"How are you, Apollos? Are you okay?"

The Prime Eternal exhaled. "I should be. I'm trying. You?"

"Trying, as well."

"Good." Apollos nodded. "Well, send my regards to Laura and the kids, alright?"

"Will do, man. Thanks for checking up on us again."

"Anytime."

Ending the call and treading further, Apollos caught sight of a familiar creature and removed his sunglasses to get a better look at it. He sighed. It was one of the predators they were tasked by Arishem to exterminate five thousand years ago, a deviant. They were back again which meant the Emergence was drawing near. Apollos has almost little time left to confess to his fellow Eternals about their real purpose here on Earth. Perhaps, he could rally them all to stop it from happening. He was certain that he would gain support from Sersi, as it seems that she loves Earth and its people.