[3] Kamo Imperial City

Naoya POV

"Your Highnesses, we have arrived," the servant who opened the door to our carriage said while bowing.

Toji sighed and we both put on our imperial crowns and vacated the carriage, more servants following us with the gifts we had for the Kamo imperial family.

(Naoya's outfit)

(Toji's outfit)

"Your Highnesses," an official guard said as he bowed deeply. "The Kamo imperial family has ordered me to bring you to the Heavenly Temple."

We followed him and I eyed my cousin's outfit. "You wore that?"

"I'm a ranked official in the Zenin army, cousin. Of course I would. Unlike you, girls drool over me when I wear my military uniform."

I scoffed. "We're here in place of the emperor, cousin. Don't forget our actions reflect on the Zenin empire's reputation."

He sent suggestive smirks to the female workers of the palace, the concubines of the palace.

"Will the Itadori imperial family be showing today?" Toji asked me after a while.

"Perhaps. Empress Iyana wants to show the world her two sons. They are in a similar predicament as us, cousin." I saw the temple looming in the distance, the temple where all the royals were crowned since the dawn of the empires.

We climbed the steps towards the ceremonial hall and I saw the flags of the Kamo empire decorated everywhere.

As soon as we got seated, I saw my arch-nemesis Crown Prince Satoru Gojo seated beside me.

(Gojo's outfit and hair style but the red is blue)

"Prince Naoya Zenin," he nodded to me curtly.

"Crown Prince Satoru Gojo," I said just as curtly. "You look healthy."

"Of course. Every citizen from the Gojo empire-royal or not-is healthy and strong."

I detected the underlying threat but made no comment on it. "As is the Zenin citizens. I believe I may have found a bride."

"An official one or another concubine?"

I didn't answer him as we saw Crown Prince Noritoshi Kamo entering the heavenly temple dressed in the ceremonial robes.

"I still cannot believe this man used to be a runt," Toji commented. "And now he's ahead of both of us in rank, cousin."

"Indeed he is," I said as everyone became hushed.

I scanned the temple and saw the Itadori family. The two boys weren't there and I suspected they were probably with their governess.

As the ancient rite was stated, I couldn't help but picture me saying them as well.

Of course I'd have to kill Toji in order to become emperor as no one else in the Zenin royal family is eligible or young enough.

Little details like that made my blood boil.

The emperor is foolish to have not selected the heir to the Zenin throne.

I could tell Prince Satoru was thinking of his own coronation as it would be coming in six month's time.

However in the case of a new crowning, the new emperor had to choose an empress as soon as possible to ensure a continuation of the royal bloodline, preferably a son.

And I have already claimed that woman of the Gojo empire as mine.

"I, Noritoshi Kamo, son of the Kamo bloodline swear the ancient oath to become emperor of my empire."

Then the monk placed the Kamo imperial crown on his head and he rose as the sunlight filtered in the glass pane behind him.

Everyone bowed to the newly crowned emperor to which he bowed back.

"We acknowledge you as the new emperor of the Kamo throne," the chief elder committee said.

As everyone was fussing with Emperor Noritoshi, I looked back at Tojo who looked at me. We were thinking the same thing: we would kill the other to sit on the Zenin throne.