Chapter 4

The next day I got prepared as I waited for that Persian man to inform me about the letter my mother has sent to me. For the real I have never in my life seen a man who was so attractive and handsome to me from the first moment, but my fate was to marry for an Ottoman prince who didn't even in those four days find a time to visit or meet me, his future wife.

I went and stood in the same place together with Maryam. For real I was afraid what would happen if someone from the Palace would see me here meeting with Persian spy who works for my family. They would probably return me to Persia where my father would be angry on me and marry me immediately for another man who also I wouldn't like.

"Do you think he will show here? Maybe someone found out he is also persian and now he is punished," I said to Maryam as I was already waiting here for a long time

"Do you think he will show here? Maybe someone found out he is also persian and now he is punished," I said to Maryam as I was already waiting here for a long time. If anyone saw me here they might be suspicious about this and think I will do something bad which would mean I would stay without my head.

"He will arrive for sure, but I am not sure how much can we trust him. He showed us he speaks Persian, but what if someone is doing a plan on you?" Maryam asked me and this was exactly what I feared of. I didn't want to fall for any trap now since I didn't even know prince Mustafa and Mahidevran was still nice to me since we all didn't know eachother really well. If they would send me back to Persia I knew they would find again some husband to me and on the none way I could be happy.

"We will see what is written in the letter he said he has for me. I know well how my mother writes and see if they are only putting me in the trouble or he is really our spy," I said as I heard someone walking and I turned around to see again that man. Maryam walked away and took care if someone is watching us and she was very afraid not to bring me any problems.

"I didn't know you would show here today," he said being surprised but what has he expected when literally he has said to me to be here today. Before telling something to him, I made sure once again no one from Harem is somewhere here around.

"You told me that, now give me the letter you said you have," I said to him still as I wasn't sure should I believe him or force the conversation on persian to see the real truth

"This is what your mother has sent to you. The thing is very serious, we should speak this way so no one could understand this, because if prince Mustafa finds out you are traitor he will be angry on you for sure," he said being very serious this time. I didn't know if he speaks persian just to prove himself and make me believe, or he was really working for our family even though I have never seen him before in my life.

"I am not a traitor here, but rather just unlucky person who was sent by her father's wish even though I didn't want to do this. You can't call me that way," I hissed at him as his words made me upset. I didn't want to make image of myself as a traitor here because I got with the fact I will have to spend my life here.

"I don't know if you seem yourself as a traitor, but we will see after you decide what will you do what your mother ordered you," he said and gave me the letter which I harshly took from his hands. His attractiveness meant nothing anymore when he accused me of something I wasn't, and I won't allow him to do this no matter what.

My dear Nafize,
The time has come. I am sure you made already everyone believe you. On your night on wedding, you will kill Prince Mustafa with this dagger. You will punish him and return back to Persia where you actually belong to. Do you think we would really marry you off to our enemies? Do what is your duty and return home safely.

"What is this?" I asked him as I was shocked after I have read the letter he has given to me. It has a persian stamp on it which made me even more afraid and I couldn't do what my mother ordered me to do. I knew that would risk my life and I couldn't return to Persia anymore because I would be killed here to do this.

"Take this dagger, tonight is your wedding night and you will kill prince Mustafa and show your loyality to your country," he said giving me the dagger which I took and hid in my dress, even though I knew I wouldn't need this as I couldn't kill so...

"Take this dagger, tonight is your wedding night and you will kill prince Mustafa and show your loyality to your country," he said giving me the dagger which I took and hid in my dress, even though I knew I wouldn't need this as I couldn't kill someone who I don't even know.

"I won't do that. Out of everyone I won't be the chosen one to do the dirty jobs," I yelled at him but he silenced me to be quiet since he didn't want any soldiers to come here and make us trouble.

"You will decide what is the best thing for do. You will risk your loyality to your own country and family because of a man who didn't even come to meet you?" He asked me on a manipulative way making me think I am the hurt one in this and I would do this because my ego is hurt as he didn't even want to come to meet me.

"Fine, I will do what you ask me to do. But then I will return safely to my homeland," I lied to him just not to make him think something. I knew I would never do this and if he thought I will I didn't care. I needed to go away from this man as I couldn't let my everyday here be threatened with loyality to my country.

 I needed to go away from this man as I couldn't let my everyday here be threatened with loyality to my country

"Your father will be proud of yourself," he said before he walked away.

I walked back to Maryam who obviously has heard everything we have talked about. I gave her the letter as she had to get rid of him as soon as possible and burn him somewhere.

"Will you do it as you said to him?" Maryam asked me being worried because she didn't trust this man even a bit.

"Of course I won't, but let him think I will. I don't believe him and I don't believe my mother has sent this letter," I said as we continued walking to the palace.