Chapter 5

"Mustafa, do you think Nafise will actually do what you have written in the fake letter and kill you?" Mahidevran asked Mustafa as she was really afraid for the life of her only son and only one she had in her whole life.

"I don't know. That's why I have done it to see if I can keep her here. Tonight after the wedding I will have guards on my terrace to see if she dares to do anything. If she does, they would immediately come and save me," Mustafa looked away as maid came and held his son Suleiman in her hands and Mustafa opened his arms to take his baby son in his arms and kiss his forehead.

"She seemed like a good and well-mannered girl when I met her and she talked very politely with me. But I am afraid of her and I don't trust Persians very much," Mahidevran said and sighed as she couldn't be peaceful this day even a bit.

"I don't know if she really thinks I am her family's spy or she just plays the game the way we do," Mustafa said before his favourite Fatma came inside immediately after one of the maids took her son and went with him to Mahidevran and Mustafa.

"Sehzadem, Sultanim, I was really afraid where is my son and I started to panic because you never call for him without me," Fatma said as she relaxed a lot when she saw her son being held in Mustafa's arms but Mustafa and Mahidevran didn't seem so happy to see her here.

"I wanted to see my grandson and you think I shouldn't see him if you aren't here?" Mahidevran raised her eyebrow and looked at Fatma who felt the shame in this moment and Mahidevran's helper Fidan slightly laughed at Mahidevran's words.

"But my son goes where I go-" Fatma started saying but Mahidevran raised her hand shocking even Mustafa with her behaviour because usually Mahidevran was very well with Fatma.

"Your son is not your property but he is a member of our Ottoman dynasty so you can't decide about him. I can see my grandson whenever I want without your knowledge," Mahidevran said and dismissed Fatma.

"Valide aren't you being too harsh on her?" Mustafa asked as he gave Suleiman in Fidan's hand who should bring him to Fatma as he was probably hungry.

"She will learn her place because I heard she already went to Nafise Hanim and offered her to help her to go back to Persia while Nafise Hanim very well handled that situation and told her what she deserves to be told, that's where Nafise got my respect because I guess many women in her place would think Fatma is someone important here and believe she could help her with returning home," she said.

"Nafise Hanim, it's only a few hours until your wedding, are you ready?" Maryam asked me as everything was preparing for tonight and I was everything but just not ready.

"I am disappointed he didn't even respect me enough to meet me before the wedding. Now I have to go and meet total stranger and I don't want to do this," I said.

"Well they say he is young and good looking, you would be happy if he would look as good as the man who gave you the letter," Maryam said and I laughed at her words because in man who gave me letter I really saw something special in his eyes but I didn't trust him even a bit so that immediately didn't make him more attractive in my eyes, but if Sehzade Mustafa would look something like him I would be very pleasured with the choice then.

"Nafise Hanim, Mahidevran Sultan invites you to her chambers to have a talk before wedding ceremony," before I could even answer to Maryam one of the servant of Mahidevran named Fidan came inside and stopped me in thoughts.

I got up immediately and walked to Mahidevran Sultan's chambers to which I had a way through the Harem. I walked through the Harem and saw all the girls sitting there and gossiping around and I saw all of them measured me and commented. I knew if I wanted to have a good life I shouldn't be in bad relationship with them because from many stories I know harem is a place where many gossips start that can end a life of one woman who those girls don't like, and I as a princess would never allow myself to get into a trouble because of girls who have nothing to do their whole days just wait if they have luck to be called by the prince to sleep with him and have luck to give birth to his sons and then become powerful.