Chapter 4-Making Amends

It had been three days since the fire, and it was the day of Aisu and Habu's funeral. Ochaco had gone of course, but she was joined by her female classmates. None of them had ever met her parents, but they wanted to be there to support their friend. Some of the guys had gone for the same reason. More specifically, Iida and Kirishima. Everybody in Class 1-A wanted to go but decided against it since it may have been overwhelming for Uraraka. Class 3-A's Nejire Hado had gone as well.

However, as much as he wanted to, Deku didn't go. He hadn't even talked to Uraraka since the incident. He wanted to support her. He wanted to apologise to her. But he didn't know what to say or how to say it. He was given a few days off to help recuperate (as well as punishment for acting without permission again) and he spent the entire time in his room either moping or thinking of how he could help Ochaco. His classmates would routinely visit to bring him food or try raising his spirits and it certainly helped, but he was still upset. There was still one person he needed to talk to, but she never came.

Izuku was sitting on the side of his bed thinking about things when he heard a knock on the door.
"Come in." He said gloomily. The door then suddenly burst open without warning.
"Hey, hey buddy! What's with the long face?!" Mirio boomed waving his arms like a madman.

"Togata?! What are you doing here?!" Deku shouted surprised. Albeit pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless.
"We came here to see you of course!" He responded enthusiastically.
"Umm..we?"
"Yeah, look." Mirio pointed at the door and Eri poked her head in.

"Hey, Deku." She said hesitantly.
"Haha. Eri. It's so nice to see you." Deku chuckled. Seeing him respond that way, Eri started smiling and walked into the room, over to the bed and hugged Deku's waist, and he returned the hug.

"So, what are you two doing here?" Izuku asked. Eri then looked up at Deku and reached into her pocket, bringing out a messily folded letter and handing it to him.
"Eri's been practising her handwriting and wanted to give this to you. Mind if I take a seat?" Mirio said.
"Sure. Go ahead." Deku replied. As Mirio sat on the bed, Deku started carefully unfolding the letter and began reading it.

'Dəar Deku. thanc you for savıng me. I was so hapy that their were peepl who cared aþout me and wantd to see me hapy. but you kno whot. i want to see you hapy too. So pleas dont bee sad becus that makes mee sad too so lets bee happi together ok. you me and lemilon. Eri.'

('Dear Deku,

Thank you for saving me. I was so happy that there were people who cared about me and wanted to see me happy.

But you know what? I want to see you happy too. So please don't be sad, because that makes me sad too.

So let's be happy together, okay? You, me and Lemillion.

Eri.'

I completely butchered the spelling and grammar on purpose because I wanted to convey it being done by a child. Sorry if it was confusing or hard to read.)

On the back of the letter was a drawing of three stick people. One being very small with light blue hair scribbled on, while the other two were bigger and had messy green and yellow hair respectively. And all of them had smiley faces drawn on them.

"She heard about what happened recently and wanted to see you. So I got permission from Eraser to bring her here. She decided to write you that letter, hoping it would cheer you up." Mirio explained. Izuku could feel Eri moving and looked at her to see her burying her face into his lap trying to hide her embarrassment. Deku started smiling. Not just because what she was doing was cute, but also because the letter worked.

"Eri. It was really thoughtful of you to do this. And you wanna know something?" Izuku said. In response, Eri looked up at him with a hopeful look. "It worked. I feel much better than I did before." He picked Eri up, put her on his lap and hugged her. "Thank you, Eri."