chapter 2

Guess what?

She wasn't there.

The first time I was about to die...well not exactly the first time. But she wasn't there!

Then, I remembered. It was lunch. She was in the cafeteria. So I was officially dead.

Now I guess some people may be wondering 'can't you just fight them by yourself?'

See the thing is, the people I'm running from are tall, and by tall I mean freaking giants. I'm short and Michelle is tall and she, of course, kept a knife in her bag.

My mom made me clear out anything that could be remotely wielded as a weapon after she got a call from my teacher saying I stabbed someone in the eye with a divider.

Which was so not true...I stabbed them in the nose...with a pencil...on accident. It's not my fault their skin was weak.

Back to the point, it was either find Michelle or poke the kidnapper's eyes out with pens and pencils. Yes I decided to call them the kidnapper's.

Since I couldn't find Michelle, I did the only sensible thing I could think of.

I dove into the next class, and I did it just in time too because immediately I jumped an arrow landed right where my head had been two seconds ago.

Now, I have to mention I have the worst luck on the planet. I managed to jump and land head first into a table in the guy I like's class.

The kidnappers ran into the class.

All of a sudden someone pulled me aside.

It was the guy I liked. He caressed my forehead and pecked my cheek.

Then, I woke up from my daydream, sadly.

Instead I bumped into him and fell on my forehead. Which meant that I was being chased by two psychopaths, I had a headache and probably had a nasty bump or bruise and I was going to be single forever-or as long as the kidnappers decided to let me live, which was probably not long due to the fact I might have let loose a string of insults while they were chasing me.

I was having a pretty good day so far.

While I was contemplating how I'd get the ground to open up and swallow me, the door opened and there stood my best friend .
In a tired voice, she asked, " What did you do?"

I sat on the floor contemplating whether I should speak or not. I then decided to use my hands through our special language (which was developed because I fell asleep in too many classes and didn't hear the teacher's questions and because a shocking amount of people in our school knew sign language) to tell her that the two people she didn't know were trying to kidnap me and possibly kill me.

She then signed to me that someone had told the teacher she had a knife, and the teacher had taken it and she had detention for the next month.

At that moment I knew we were doomed and right before the kidnappers ran in I signed," RUN!!!"