The Dress.

*alarm blaring*

Lucy usually wasn't a morning person, but she had a lot to do today. She had to pack for the UC operation, which won't take long because it's just one night. Even more importantly, she had to get a nice dress, shoes, so her hair and  makeup for dinner tonight. She knew she didn't HAVE to do any of this, other than dress nice, but Tim was taking her. Even though they were scoping out drug lords, she wanted to look nice for him. She wasn't sure why..

Although Lucy thought SHE woke up early, Tim had been up since 5:00. He had minimal preparing to do, he had enough tuxes, he had picked out a nice black one he already owned, he was very simple with his suits, he always wore the same few. If it's not broke don't fix it.

He got up, and took Kojo on a run at their usual park. Tim Bradford does NOT get nervous, or so he claims. However, he can't stop thinking about tonight. He's not nervous, but he's excited? He's not in tune with his emotions enough to know what it is he's feeling.

Lucy goes to countless stores looking for a dress. She's been to five places. She's at a little dress shop, knowing she probably won't have much luck here, she prepares to walk out disappointed and empty handed. Until she sees the dress. The green dress. It compliments her skintone perfectly, it's long, has a slit, v neck, a beautiful deep green. It's almost too good. She checks out happily, and goes back home.

She puts the dress on to show Jackson. His jaw drops "oh Tim is going to have quite a night with you in that dress." Jackson and Tamara have both shipped Tim and Lucy for months now. Especially Jackson, he always thinks Lucy would see what he means if he had seen the way Tim had acted when she was missing. If only she knew how he threatened the guy in his car, or how he tackled Jerry (who ended up not being the guy) or how he watched anyone who came to Lucy's room that night like a hawk. Or how he absolutely refused to sleep or eat until she was awake and fed. If only she had seen it from Jackson's point of view. He just couldn't bring the trauma back up for her though. If only she knew.

Tim took a quick shower, military style of course. Ice cold showers were how Tim Bradford calmed down, cleared his head. He shaved, put his basic but hot tux on, grabbed the keys to his truck, and began the drive to Lucy's apartment.

Lucy curls her hair, does her makeup, and finishes off with red lipstick and heels when she hears a knock on her door. Tim. He was the only one who ever knocked even though she had a working doorbell. Jackson beat her to the door.

"Hey Tim, come on in."

"Where's Lucy?" Tim asks.

"Sorry, I'm ready now." Lucy says as she steps out of her bathroom.

Tim and Jackson both turn to look at her.

"Yes you look so good, go enjoy that fancy dinner" Jackson encourages.

Tim is staring at her, wonderstruck. His lips are slightly parted, although he feels his jaw is on the floor.

"Oh this is gonna be so good, let's go!"

Lucy looks at Tim right after she finishes her sentence, and she sees the look on his face as he looks her up and down.

"Are you okay man?" She asks

"Lucy-" he says breathily.

"What?" She begins to get scared.

He realizes he is crossing a line. He glances over at Jackson, who's smirking watching this exchange. He snaps himself out of his thoughts about how good she looks in the dress.

"Uh yea I'm good, let's go boot." Tim says, much to Jackson's dismay. He and Tamara have a bet going over which one of them will get to witness Tim completely swoon over Lucy and compliment her.

They get out to Tim's truck, he opens the door for Lucy of course. As he's walking around to his side, he gives himself a tiny pep talk.

"Don't cross the line while on a mission, Tim. Don't tell her how perfect she looks." He whispers to himself.

He gets in the truck and Lucy is sitting in the passenger side, looking so perfect.

This ride is gonna be hell.

*AUTHORS NOTES*
I AM SO SORRY. I know this took too long to come out and my chapters have been extremely short so far, but I'm new and have little motivation!! I'm sorry! Comment any suggestions for the story you want to see, I'll try to include them. Thank you for all the love! Promise to post more!! -phoebe.