Chapter 5

Word Count: 1239

The kids, all dried and dressed, return to the main area only to see the adults of the house still very stressed. Marisol sees her parents speaking with Alma and walks over to them, Camilo following behind her. "I appreciate all your help during this but I must ask you to leave. This is a family matter." The girl hears Alma as she approaches the group.

Marisol sees her mother smile kindly at the older woman, "we completely understand. If you need any help with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out."

Alma lets out a sigh and nods her head, "just let me know if you see Mirabel anywhere. It is very important that I speak with her."

With a gentle hand on the elder woman's shoulder, Eduardo turns towards his daughter. "Come on, let's go home."

Marisol nods her head and turns to leave but not before giving Camilo's arm a light squeeze of support. The two shared a look of gratitude with each other before going their separate ways. Marisol overhears Alma asking Camilo to continue looking for Mirabel as the girl and her parents leave the Madrigal house. Once the three exit the house, Marisol hears her mother let out a sigh. The two parents embrace their daughter, "darling we were so worried." Her mother whispers in her ear.

"We're so glad you're okay." Her father chimes in rubbing his daughter's back in embrace.

Marisol lets out a light chuckle, "I'm fine I promise. The Madrigals would never let me or anyone in this town get hurt, you know that."

"I know, I know. It just doesn't seem like it's in their control right now."

As the Cortez family makes their way back home Marisol heads to her room tired from the events that happened. Heading over to sit at her desk, Marisol takes her camera out of it's bag and takes a look at it to see if there's any possibility of salvaging it.

The girl isn't sure how long she sat at her desk fiddling with her camera but after taking it apart and putting it back together for the fifth time now, Marisol flew the white flag admitting defeat. Her camera is broken, there's no salvaging it. The water damage unfortunately has rendered it useless. The girl let out an irritated groan. "That bad?" A voice asked her. Marisol turned her head to look at her window, surprised to see Camilo there leaning against her window. Marisol found herself looking at the boy, his head being supported by one of his hands as he leaned against her open windowsill. He has an almost angelic aura around him as the bright yellow sunlight shines behind him.

Marisol quickly snaps herself out of her thoughts. She's not sure where her mind was racing to but she brought herself back to the present. "Aren't you supposed to be looking for Mirabel right now," The girl asks, ignoring his question. She doesn't want him to feel guilty about her camera when he has so much more happening.

Camilo shrugs his shoulders and hops through the girl's window using the plant pot outside as a boost. It doesn't take much effort for him to climb through the window as her house only has one floor and was on ground level. "Honestly I tried. I feel like I've looked everywhere for her. It's almost like she's left Encanto or something."

With a small frown on her face Marisol says, "well I hope not."

Camilo suddenly shifts into Mirabel, "don't ya worry senorita, I'll be back in a flash!" Camilo says doing his best Mirabel impersonation. He then shifted to Mariano, "can't say the same about my nose though."

At this Marisol let out a laugh allowing Camilo to shift back into himself with a proud grin on his face. His chest burns in delight knowing he's the reason behind the girl's smile and laugh. It's his job after all and she's his toughest client. "Too soon Camilo!" The girl chokes out referring to the joke about Mariano's nose. Camilo admires the girl in front of him with a smile on his face. "How are you so good at that?" Marisol asks him.

"Good at what?" Camilo asks not knowing what she was referring to.

"Just..." the girl trails off not knowing how to put her thoughts into words, "making everything okay." Camilo gives her a questioning look, still not sure what she's talking about. "You just light up a room" Marisol starts "if someone's feeling down you just show up and then suddenly, everything's okay. You know?" She can see from Camilo's tilted head he's trying very hard to understand what she's saying. Heat slightly rising to her cheeks from embarrassment she mutters out a "nevermind, I don't know what I'm saying."

Camilo walks over to her desk and sits on her table so he's closer to Marisol who is still sitting on her chair. "You know I can say the same about you."

Marisol scoffs, "please, nobody even notices when I'm around."

"That's not true!" Camilo tries to debate but Marisol cuts him off.

"Of course it's true! I've lived here my whole life and you just found out a few days ago! Look, it's not like I'm complaining. I don't know if you've noticed but I don't really like too much attention."

"Well you seem a lot more comfortable with me now." Camilo remarks leaning in a little closer to Marisol so she can finally look at him again.

"Yeah I am comfortable with you actually. You know, I don't really get it myself, it usually takes a lot longer for me to open up with people. I think that's your real gift, you know. Making people feel at peace."

Camilo feels his cheeks heating up at her words though he's not too sure why. Trying to play it off cool he shrugs, "what can I say, I bring out the best in people." Earning a shove off the desk from the girl who's laughing at him on the ground.

"Hey!" Camilo starts to protest when the two teens hear a knock on the bedroom door.

"Marisol? Is everything okay? We heard a thud." Ivana calls opening the door to the girl's bedroom. "Oh Mirabel? What are you doing here? And... Why are you on the floor?"

Confused, Marisol looks to where Camilo was only to see Mirabel there instead. He must have shapeshifted into her out of panic. "Nevermind that, come on we need to get you home. The entire town has been looking everywhere for you!" Marisol's father says.

Marisol's parents walk 'Mirabel' back to Casita. Marisol follows along, sharing confused glaces with the other teen. "Why aren't you shifting back?" She tries to whisper but it doesn't look like he heard her as they all continue to walk in silence. Marisol looks around the town to see lots of new foliage growing, ones that Isabela has never grown before. The girl wonders if this was due to Casita breaking or something else happening with Isabela. Her parents seem to notice the same thing she did and quicken their pace to the house out of fear in case anything else happens to the family. Marisol locks eyes with Camilo who was still in Mirabel's form, as they too quicken their pace to keep up with the Cortez family. Marisol just hopes Isabela is okay.