Chapter 3 | Goldstein Sisters

Elizabeth felt dizzy and misplaced. Her stomach turned as she felt nauseous as she quickly let go of the arm she previously had a tight grasp on. Elizabeth brought her hand up to her mouth as she kept herself from puking.

They Apparated a few blocks away from the street of Goldstein's apartment. Tina didn't want to draw attention towards them. It would look like they drugged someone and failed to Obliviate two No-Majs. Even if that's what practically happened, she didn't want it to look like it.

Newt felt her grasp leave his arm, noticing as she struggled with the aftermath of Apparating for the first time, in a long time. She leaned on the wall of a building, hunching over. He broke off from Jacob, making his way over to Elizabeth slowly.

"Are you okay? I should've warned you about Apparating." Newt said, hoping she was okay after. She nodded slightly, looking over her shoulder at him.

He seemed worried about her. His eyes flickered on her face. To her eyes, nose, mouth, even the tip of ears. He wasn't great with eye contact, but always tried to do his best at getting close to it.

It didn't bother Elizabeth, she figured he would've already thrown her to work of some sort. Like her foreman at the diner she works at. He always shoved her around, stealing half her tips (if she earned any).

Elizabeth chuckles gently at herself. "Yes, I'm quite brilliant if you ask me. I just puked my guts out." She says, sounding rather sarcastic. She pushed herself off the wall and faced Newt properly.

Newt nodded, trying not to smile at her comment. "The first few times you'll Apparate, it'll be a bit bumpy. It's odd that you're going through this again."

"Again? What does that mean—"

"Come on, you two! Let's get to the building, then we can socialize." Tina quickly calls out, catching their attention.

Newt looks back towards Tina, catching up with her and Jacob. He was still a bit woozy, but Tina found a way to manage him stumbling. The two made their way towards her. Newt grabbed Jacob's arm, carrying his brown briefcase in his other hand.

Elizabeth followed behind them, not positive on how she would help Jacob. She twiddled with her fingers, still thinking of Newts statement. Again? To my knowledge, I've never 'Apparated'. She thought to herself, realizing they were already in front of a building.

Suddenly, Tina turned around to face the three strangers. "Alright, before we go in," She raised her hand to stop Jacob from moving. "I'm not supposed to have men on the premises. So, Miss Babel, you'll be fine."

Elizabeth nodded in understatement.

    "In that case, Mr. Kowalski and I can seek other accommodations—" Newt said as he started to bring Jacob away from the entrance of the apartment.

Tine quickly grabbed Jacob's other arm and pulled them both towards the steps. "Oh, no. That's not gonna happen." She says as she brings the two into the apartment building. "Watch your step." She alerted, making Jacob groan as she pulled him.

Newt sighed softly, disagreeing with this plan.

The four quietly made their way up the steps. Tina walked behind them, making sure everyone got up. Elizabeth helped Jacob up the steps slightly. Newt was following behind Jacob and Elizabeth, soon hearing a voice call up to Tina.

    "Is that you, Tina?" She calls out, hearing footsteps in her apartment building.

Jacob slightly gasped as both Newt and Elizabeth signaled him to be quiet. They fell quiet as Tina nodded slightly. "Yes, Mrs. Esposito." She answers.