chapter 8

"Holy shit." Thomas spits out, his eyes widened in shock.

He turns to see if anyone is around us then gets up quickly and pulls me half way across the glade with him into his room. He shuts the door and just stands there facing his back to me.

"Say something please." I say quietly. He starts to pace the room for a few seconds before slowly turning around and going to sit on his bed, putting his head in his hands. He slowly looks up and turns his head toward me.

"How long did you know you could do this?" He asks while running a hand through his brown hair.

"Uhm I guess since the bonfire, after I had pushed Gally. But when I pushed him I didn't feel my hands touch his body and when I looked down at them, they were glowing blue just for a split second." I tell him while looking down at my and hands and playing with them.

Thomas lets out a sigh, "You told me that you felt like there was something different about you, something the creators didn't like. Do you think this is what that is?" I nod my head. I walk over to the bed and sit down next to him, his head turns to me.

"Thomas, I don't want to hurt anyone with whatever this is. It scares me that I might hurt one of you because I don't know how to control it." I turn to face him and look into his eyes, "Listen, I don't know why the creators sent me here, but they had to have done it for this reason. I want help us all get out of here."

Thomas knits his eyebrows together and nods quickly. He turns to look forward and then starts to laugh a little.

"If you're laughing at me I'll hit you." I say while squinting at him.

"No," he laughs more. "I'm- Im not laughing at you. I'm laughing at the fact that you have, like, super powers." He turns back to look at me. "You do realize how cool this is right?" He smirks at me.

"Yeah, I guess it's pretty cool. It'd be even cooler if I knew how to control it though." I shrug.

"Why don't I help you with it!" He widens his eyes and smiles.

"How would you know how to do that?" I throw myself onto my back and stare at the ceiling.

"I'll think of something, but seriously, if you want to help us out by using your ability then you have to actually know how to use your ability. You should be happy I'm this willing to help you." He lays down beside me and turns his head to me and smiles.

"Oh yeah? And what do you get out this huh?" I say to him.

"Besides freedom, the pleasure of being in your company." He smiles again. He should never stop smiling, he has the most perfect smile I've ever seen.

"Careful there Tom, wouldn't want to think you're going soft on me." I nudge his side and he chuckles.

"I think I'd be alright with that."

"Oh and one more thing Tom." I turn to him and say.

"Yeah what is it?"

"The others can never know."