Chapter 2

Leah.

As soon as I opened my eyes the name came to my head. My name is Leah. I stretched my arms and legs and let out a big yawn. Sleeping here wasn't that bad but I definitely wouldn't want to do it again.

"Good you're awake, it's time to go over everything greenie." A boy with a the same foreign accent I heard yesterday said while unlocking the door.

"What the hell is a greenie?" I replied climbing out of the pit I was in.

"Just something we call the newbies until they remember their names" He smiles.

"I do remember my name, it's Leah." I state.

"Ok Leah, well let me formally introduce you to the glade." He put is hand behind my back and began to lead me around.

"Now the guy you met yesterday who told Minho and Thomas to put you in the pit, eh sorry about that, his name is Alby he was the first glader to come up in the box so he's basically our leader." I nodded while listening to him talk about the glade.

I looked over to him as he explained the glade's jobs and saw he's limping. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Uhm yeah?" He replied with a confused look.

"Are you sure because you're limping, you might be hurt." I said.

"Oh right I uh hurt my leg a while back, it's no big deal." He answered sort of hesitantly.

"What happened?" We continued walking.

"That's for me to know and for you to never find out." He told me with a smirk. "Alright no more questions about that for the moment, for your job you are going to trial each job for the next few days and then we'll see which fits you the best." He tells me.

"Sounds good, what am I doing today?" I ask.

"Well today you're to tag along with Chuck for most the time and then we are going to have a bonfire for you tonight. Tomorrow you'll start trialing the jobs." He answers.

"For me? What do you mean?" Why would they hold a bonfire for me, I didn't do anything besides try to escape this place.

"Each time we get a greenie we hold a bonfire for them to welcome them to the glade." He smiles back at me. "Hey Chuck how's it going?" He asks the small boy who just showed up.

"Finished my work for today, am I gonna be taking the greenie for the day!" He sounds excited to be hanging out with me.

"Yeah you are, don't wear her out though she's gonna start her jobs tomorrow." He chuckles.

"Don't worry I'm just gonna help her set up her hammock and stuff, you ready?" He looks up to me with his adorable eyes.

"Yeah I guess so." I smile back to Chuck.

"I'll see you around Leah." Newt tells me while walking away.

"Newt is probably the nicest glader you'll ever meet, he's always helping around." Chuck tells me leading me to the hammocks.

"Yeah he seems really nice." I reply. Something about it him felt familiar too, he felt like family and I had just met him. Maybe it's because he's been the nicest to me since I've been here.

****

It's been a few hours and Chuck helped me set up my hammock. Since then we've just been sitting here talking as the sun sets. "Hey Chuck is there a specific reason we aren't allowed through those doors?" I turn to look at the large doors.