Dark Memories

"Okay maybe I know something about the connection between you and your sister but I am still dubious"

"How did yo-"

"That's not what matters. What matters RIGHT NOW, is that you can't tell anyone about this connection, OK?

"But why?"

"Huh? Wasn't being a SIN already bad enough for the people to pick on you and now the last thing you want is to give them yet another excuse for them to believe that you are completely mental."

I wanted to tell him that I already thought about that but I bit back my words considering that we already were running out of time.

"You're right, I won't tell anyone."

"Good, now, we're already running out of time. Listen carefully, when your mom wakes up, you tell her that I was scandalized and left. After that you meet me at the hub. From there, I'll take you to a safe place where I can tell you everything without worrying about being eavesdropped. Ok? And one more thing, DO NOT TRUST ANYONE."

"That applies to you too, why on earth should I trust you?

"I like the caution. I am going to bind us by blood so that neither can we lie to each other nor can we betray each other."

"Did you plan all of this? I raise a question and you're instantly up with an answer." - I say rolling my eyes

He just chuckles

"So, this...thing, it's called blood bond?"

"Yep"

"But don't you think my mums gonna notice where you'll cut me?"

"Don;t worry, I am quite clean with this work."

With that, he drew out a knife from a side bag and cut his palm open. Scarlet liquid started to pour down instantly and he held his hand with a cloth, careful not to spill any on the floor. After that, he took my hand and cut my palm open. He was so skilled at it as if he had practised this on a thousand hands. Once I was out of my daze of looking at his perfection, I asked him, no longer able to contain the curiosity within me.

"How come you are so skilled at this?"

"Later"

And then he pressed his palm against mine in a handshake sort of manner. The BLOOD BOND, that was it, except that it wasn't. Everything went extremely blur and then extremely vivid. But i wasn;t at home with the guy anymore, instead, I was at some other unknown place– a house. A wooden structure with a massive hall full of antiques and happy family pictures. Two doors on my left and one abandoned door at the end of the hallway. One of the doors from my left opened and from there entered a young child probably five years old with those familiar blonde hair, blue eyes, long lashes – the guy – called out "MOM!!"

There was no answer so he tried again and again but no answer, he smiled. That smile, I had seen it before but this one was so full of happiness.

"MOM, we played hide and seek yesterday! Let's play something new!" - He shouted

When no one replied, he let out a sigh and rushed to the abandoned old door and pushed it open with complete force. The door opened with a creak. Inside the room was a horrible view. A woman was there with her neck in the loop of a rope attached to the fan. My heart sank. I knew what that meant. All of a sudden, I perceived a lot of things: the reason for the difference in his smile, the sympathy in his eyes when he saw me see my mother on the floor like that, those words he said, everything became clear. He had seen the life flow out of his mother right in front of him. He didn't quite understand it at first so he walked towards her and tugged at her leg. She didn't respond. He tried again. He continued to tug at her leg. At last he understood it all and whispered - "Death"

It completely broke my heart.

That word was the undoing of him. He burst into tears making horrible noises. I wanted to help him, comfort him, take him away from the inevitable but when I tried to move, I realized that I was stuck to the floor. It was impossible. I covered my eyes to block it all but there was nothing I could do. I was useless there. When I removed my hands, they came away damp. I had been crying. I then noticed a note written on the wall in red – blood – possibly the last words of his mother. It said,

JACIN, UNITE, PEACE

It was sheer nonsense, probably written in haste. The moment I read the note I fell into nothingness.

I woke up in my house. I was still standing and the guy – Jacin – was still there, still holding my hand. His eyes too fluttered open. Before I knew what I was doing, I threw my hands around his neck and hugged him. I couldn't get the picture of the helpless Jacin crying, outta my head. He hugged me back. After some time, I pulled away.

"What just happened?" - I asked

"Later, now, remember what I said. Follow it and you'll know." - With that, he walked away

Not long after he was gone, mom's eyes flew wide open and she sat up with a jerk, as always.

"Hey there mom" - I said and smiled.

"Hey honey." - She replied and looked around wildly, "Where's the boy?"

"Oh, he went. Too shocked, you know"

"Oh dear didn't you tell him about the whole oracle thing?"

"I did, but he got all the more confused and left."

"Oh, poor boy," - she paused and said, "but did he say or, umm, do something to you?"

"No, why?" - I asked while hiding my wrist behind my back consciously.

"So...why were you crying?"

Damn! of course. I cursed at my own stupidity. I was trying to hide the Blood Bond cut when it was barely a scratch, and completely forgot about the tears on my face, wide and vivid.
Anyhow, I had to blend those tears with my act, so, all credit to my mastermind for coming up with a spontaneous plan. I touched my cheek in a way, as if, I didn't know I was crying.

"Am I?" -- I asked

"Y...eah...?" - she said, confused

"Right, when Jac--, " dang it, dang it, dang it, i am NOT supposed to know his freakin name! I cursed myself again but was quick to cut it off, "the boy saw you fall like that, he was appalled and it reminded me of the first time I saw you like that. Maybe that brought tears to my eyes. " - I said and hugged her tight.

That gesture drew every thought of suspicion out of her mind and she hugged me back with equal enthusiasm. 

*HELLO TO Y'ALL, THIS CHAPTER WAS RELATIVELY LONGER THAN THE OTHERS, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR READS. I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKE THIS STORY. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND FOLLOW ME TOO...LOVE YOU ALL...SEE YA AROUND IN THE NEXT CHAPTER*