Glitter Glue and Googly Eyes

The next day I woke up at 10 and started my normal daily routine. I didn't need to be at work till 3 so that gave me plenty of time to prepare for my presumably hectic shift. I was supposed to observe how my animatronic operated during opening hours then tweak and upgrade his software accordingly after everyone has left. By the time it was 2:30 I had on my purple Superstar Daycare polo and was driving to work. The Pizzaplex was only about 10 minutes from my apartment, but I wanted to come in early and say 'Hi' to Austin before my shift started.

I walked inside and ignored the S.T.A.F.F. bots that thought I was a guest and went straight to Parts and Services. I used my new staff ID and was let right inside. I was glad that Austin gave me a tour the night before because the place was a maze. When I got to Parts and Services I was immediately creeped out with all the animatronic exoskeletons. Like seriously who wouldn't think this was creepy. 

"Austin?" I called out. When no one answered I went in deeper and was even more disturbed with all the dismembered robot limbs. The animatronic's AI units were so expertly designed that it was easy to forget that they weren't actually sentient. It made seeing their body parts a little horrific. I even saw an extra faceplate that belonged to Sundrop and had to fight the shiver that went down my spine. 

Suddenly I felt a hand touch my shoulder and screamed. "AHHHHHHH!"

"Whoa!" Said a familiar voice and I whirled around to see it was Austin.

"Oh My God! Austin you scared the living crap out of me!" I yelled while trying to slow my racing heart.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." Austin chuckled apologetically. "What are you doing down here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be observing Sundrop?"

"I came in early. I wanted to pop in and say hi  before my shift started." I replied.

"Well, hi," He said with an amused grin.

"Oh shove it. You don't deserve my friendly greeting anymore." I said with a pout. 

"Oh, how will I ever manage?" He said dramatically. 

"Serves you right for scaring me in this creepy ass place." 

Austin looked around like he didn't realize how creepy his work area really was. "I don't think it's that creepy." 

He had to be joking. "Are you serious, There's literally robot body parts and skeletons everywhere and you don't see anything disturbing about that?"

Austin shrugged. "Huh, must have gotten used to it."

"There's something seriously wrong with you and on that note, I'm going to leave," I said before turning around to start my shift. At least the Daycare won't give me nightmares.

Behind me, I heard Austin chuckle. "Enjoy your shift."

As I walked closer to the Daycare I heard the music shift into this fun upbeat tune. It was super catchy and I internally groaned knowing That it was going to get stuck in my head. I stepped into the daycare and noticed a girl sitting behind the security desk, wearing the same purple polo as me.  

'Hi," I called out. "I think I'm here to relieve you."

"Oh, thank god!" the girl groaned and gathered her stuff. "I'm so ready to get out of here. I'm Shelby."

She must have been the other daycare attendant. She looked kinda young. If I didn't know you had to be at least 18 to work here I would have thought she was 16. She must have just met the age requirement. "Nice to meet you, Shelby, I'm Blair."

"Yeah, yeah, nice to meet you." She said annoyed. "They're all yours,"

Without any further words, Shelby left leaving me sorta stunned at her rudeness. Like seriously who pissed in her morning coffee.