eclair cookie🧆

a/n-i simp for eclair so much help😭

requested by- @iced_teaxx
pronouns-(she/they)
oneshot type-(romantic/fluff)
you sat on a nearby desk, tinkering with a brand new gadget in your hands as you watched the small clouds of dust being swept away by the cookie in front of you. eclair, as he masterfully dusted the porcelain antiques in front of him. you both were focused on your own things, based on each's occupation, well..sort of. unbeknownst to you, eclair has messed up, and has almost shattered or damaged a number of his precious antiques, and unbeknownst to him, you knew.

you knew how much eclair really liked you, as his carefully detailed refined persona always seemed to blur whenever you were near him. this knowledge you held were like the hymns of a certain bard on a eclipsing dusk, musical, graceful, and joyous, as you too, also liked him. why not start the relationship, then? well, to be honest, you weren't ready. the thought of changing what you specially had with eclair, the thought was too much to bear. nonetheless, you did like the label.

"y/n, dear, can you hand me the cloth on my desk? to your right, thanks." he asked you, as you noted the lack of eloquent wording, nor mannerisms of a notorious historian. you handed him the handkerchief, carefully woven with the finest spun sugar. your hand and his were intertwined, connected merely by the item in your hands for a brief moment, and it did not pass your half lidded eyes, nor his, that both your hands were shaking, one more than the other.

"oh my..y/n, dear, are you okay?" he inquired, slowly, but surely, building up panic on the inside. you chuckled, how you found it endearing that he worries over the littlest of things.

"no, i'm fine, been focusing so much on my new invention, worried something's gonna blow, if you know what i mean." you bantered, skipping your hands away from his grasp. you watched him sigh in relief, as he glanced over to one of his most favorite artifact. it was one of the most early lamps in cookie history, and on the lampshade was an crimson image, hand-painted, that depicted a ferocious battle between a dragon, and a female warrior, the extended sword stretched like it was her own arm across the dragon's chest, or stretched beyond "millennium", as eclair adored to say. 

you rested your hands on the desk, as you felt the smooth surface of resin-covered wood allot itself to be covered by the warm sunlight, that made tiny particles of dust visible. eclair shakily sighed, before also sitting on the office desk next to you. the atmosphere in the hollow, empty museum was leveled heavily with silence. yet, no lackluster, from your point of view. easy on you, hard on him. he seemed nervous, more agitated, as you studied his figure, in fact, he's been like this since you came here.

what came next was unexpected for you both.

"y/n?" eclair asked, as he set his hat and glasses on the desk.

"mhm?" you responded, now turning your head to meet his line of sight.

he sighed quite audibly, stopped speaking for a few, then started up again.

"i like you, did you know that?" he softly spoke, refusing to look anywhere near my direction. i felt my throat get caught, as i attempted to register his phrase in my mind, trying to apprehend the thoughts that were running in your head, trying to make it stay in one place. how to respond to this confession? happily? were you ready?

yeah.

so, you decided to lean closer to his face, his eyes widening just the slightest, and kissed him.
on the cheek.

you watched as he went haywire, his face turning shades of red, that could rival with even a certain devil cookie. however, internally, you were panicking. you rushed it, didn't you? surely you did. you needed to hold that enigma image, so, you stood up, put a finger to your lips, and said,

"love you too."

and in a rush, you ran out the entrance, leaving eclair in a state of shock. eclair watched as you ran away, again. you were always prone to it, no? he looked over at the position where you last sat.

you forgot your invention. oh, well.