Chapter Thirteen

Akaza had slept through the day; he was in the habit of acting like a human now, it wasn't bad just different having someone come to wake you up for a meeting. Akaza had always been awake before a meeting getting the layout of everything once more. The Infinite castle could be considered the home of the upper moons but most of them left since blending into human society was much easier than going out thrice a week for food, sometimes more depending on how much food you needed. Akaza didn't need much to get by but he also had to make up for not eating women, which caused him to eat double what most demons ate.

Akaza made his way through the twists of the infinite castle to the stage of the meeting. The room was wide, surrounded by stairs on every side aside from the front; which was elevated with Nakime sitting still with her biwa just as always— creepy— Akaza took his seat on the mat. Douma was not in hearing or sight range yet so Akaza took this time to close his eyes and meditate waiting for his entrance, which would probably be around an hour.

Kokushibou was on the side in a slightly enclosed room, he would be about the only demon who could get away with sitting out of range of everyone. Kokushibou was upper moon one though, he certainly claimed that reward though. Akaza enjoyed Kokushibou, he was quiet and didn't make Akaza sick to his stomach when near him. Akaza's peaceful moment however was soon over. " Akaza-dono~ " Douma's voice was harmonious but like nails on a chalkboard for Akaza. Akaza's eyebrows furrowed as he desperately tried to ignore the other. Douma's hands were on the shoulders of Akaza soon enough, " So mean~ you know Akaza it's been a while since we have talked and now you ignore me, is this any way to treat a long-time friend of yours? ".

Akaza shifted his shoulders, trying to relieve himself of the other's grasp. Akaza clenched his teeth keeping his hands on his thighs, trying to stay decently proper. Akaza knew he had a temper but didn't want to pull Kokushibou into this disagreement. "Get your hands off me. ", in response, Akaza can feel the claws, that Douma has the gaul to call nails, and fasten themselves into Akaza's skin. Akaza's temper is now being played with and his patience snaps; Douma's neck is being squashed by Akaza's foot and his brains paint the wood an oh-so-pretty color for Akaza.

Akaza's foot holding Douma down though falters, or rather was completely taken off by a fuming Kokushibou. Kokushibou's face was blank but you can feel he wasn't pleased with what had happened. Akaza's foot grew back immediately but he fell back due to the loss of balance. Douma just gave the same stupid toothy smile he always gave " Kokushibou-dono! " Douma's fan opened to cover his face after he gained his footing back " Akaza-dono and I were just playing like we always do, " Douma remained looking up to Kokushibou and Akaza wanted to kick him again right then and there.

" You shouldn't allow Akaza's continuously aggressive behavior unless it's a blood battle, and I don't think Akaza wants to befriend you— the master will be here soon so I suggest ceasing both your tomfoolery " Kokushibou spoke indifferently before deciding he intervened enough and disappeared back to his reserved spot. Akaza balled up his fists, paying one glance to Douma before returning his gaze to the front waiting for him to come and get this meeting over. Douma didn't bother Akaza anymore since some of the other upper moons had finally decided to join everyone in the meeting room.

Douma was a highly sociable demon so it was no surprise he dropped him for the other demons that didn't try and kill him any time he got close to them. Akaza returned to his meditation focusing more on his breathing, he needed it, he was seething through his teeth. Akaza was also becoming tense paranoia setting in that he might have to deal with Douma another time before the meeting got on or maybe even after the meeting— either way, Akaza wanted to avoid that outcome at all costs.

The room goes still and silent once Muzan entered the room, Akaza's eyes return to the front as he sits and listens. The meeting was boring and long. Akaza took all the information he could sense. It wasn't like he was going to ignore his master's orders but all meetings have two outcomes for demons, it's scary and he threatens to kill you, or it is an errand to find something or be on the lookout for someone. His current errand is killing a boy, with hanafuda earrings—simple enough.

The meeting was over, he would say swiftly but it was dragged out to a disgusting length. Akaza stood up once his master left and turned on his heel. Akaza was ready to leave this place as fast as he could. Akaza walked down twists and turns in an assortment of narrow and long hallways, waiting patiently to leave this place putting distance between him and the meeting room but not all good things last. " Akaza-dono— " Douma's voice gained a lace of sinisterness in it so Akaza didn't dare make eye contact with him. " What—" Akaza returned a bit harshly. " Who was that woman you buried? You seemed sad— I know you don't kill women, however, that's no excuse to grow fondness over them, we are demons after all the best they could be is pets" Douma spoke politely but his intentions were far from it. "Stay out of my business, and why would it matter, she's dead now " Douma's hands gripped Akaza's shoulders once more as a chill ran down Akaza's spine. " He wouldn't enjoy hearing you get upset over a human though— be careful Akaza, I would truly hate for you to lose favor with our lord. " Akaza stiffened as he could feel Douma's smile against his skin before he disappeared.
Akaza was then back in the forest, his knees buckled and he fell to the grass below, gripping it with his hands. Akazas chest rose and fell in an irregular pattern for once after talking to Douma his jaw felt nothing, Akaza could feel his body slightly shake, shake at the threats of someone he thought could do no other harm than annoy him a little. Akaza kept to the forest floor for a while trying to regulate breathing once more before standing up to begin walking to the village he had gone to.

Akaza couldn't run, his body was frozen and he continued to try and regain control of his body. His blood had run cold from the interaction. Akaza did regain control of himself soon enough though nothing could keep him down for too long plus he needed to go see Kyojuro before the sun came back up. Akaza didn't want to even know what would happen if Douma found out about Akaza and Kyojuro. Akaza's happy little life he created for himself or rather Hakuji.

Akaza wanted to tell Kyojuro about himself but he just knew it wouldn't go well for him. He would be driven to kill the other or run out of the town if he couldn't kill him; at which point he would have to explain the situation to him which couldn't end well in any scenario. Akaza liked the plan to never tell Kyojuro, never tell him and enjoy his life with Kyojuro for as long as he could. Playing with a human's heart wasn't what Akaza wanted to do but he was destined to be a demon.

Akaza picked up the speed, fully recovering from the previous scare at the bare thought of Kyojuro. This hashira truly had Akaza around his fingers and Akaza would be lying if he didn't say he wished Kyojuro were a demon, a demon so they wouldn't have to part not till someone decides to come between them. If Akaza ever has to fight Kyojuro, Akaza plans to try and convince the other in any way to join him in becoming a demon.

Akaza soon came upon the village outlines and he sheds his demon skin, his skin becoming more prominent and his hair returns to its jet-black coloring. Akaza makes a slow walk in Kyojuro had given him where his estate was just before he left, and if his memory served him right it was near where he came in from the forest. Akaza climbs to a roof staring off before he finds a rather wide building, Akaza immediately knew it was where Kojuro lived. Akaza hopped from the roof he perched himself atop and took the five-minute walk to where Kyojuros was.

Kyojuro was sitting just outside the front of his estate waiting patiently for his possible lover to return. Kyojuro recognized the silhouette soon coming out from behind a wall of houses and got up. Akaza was not ready for the greeting of the flame hashira attacking him with a running hug, it was nice but he was tired and wanted to sleep. Akaza gave the other a small smile before they both walked into the estate together, Senjuro was asleep so Akaza would have to meet him tomorrow. " There's a festival tomorrow, would you care to join me? " Kyojuro mumbled into Akazas hair before Akaza happily agreed and they fell asleep in each other's embrace.

~

1599 words