Chapter 7.

The Weasleys had all gone home after a few hours. Most of them had work and Jess needed to pick the twins up from school. 

Fleamont had an important meeting that he tried to reschedule but Apollo forced him to go. Euphemia had to leave to visit her mother who was in another ward in the same hospital. 

Tommo had to go to work and though he argued with his boss he was told he would be fired if he didn't show up and Apollo told him to get his ass to work.

In the end, the five boys were left alone again. 

"So this is it." Apollo sighed leaning back on his pillows. 

"No!" Orion said loudly. "You can't give up." 

The three other boys decided to give the couple their privacy for a little while. 

"I've said all my goodbyes darling. We both know that I'm not making it out of this bed." 

"You will! You will make it out of this bed. And I'll run away with you and we can get married." 

"Oh, Orion." Apollo began to cry. "It's these potions they're making me emotional." 

"I'm not on any potions and I'm crying so shut up. You can't give up. You can't leave me here." 

"I'm not given many options. If I had any other option I'd take it. Do you think I don't want to run away with you? To wake up every morning next to you and fall asleep holding you? You think I don't want that. That's all I want!" 

"But then you have to stay." 

"I can't! If I fight then I'm only prolonging the inevitable." 

"But we have more time to find a cure. Tom is working on it." 

"Tom won't find one in time. I know he is a genius but he isn't a miracle worker." 

"But-but you can't just leave us all here." 

"I don't want to but I am. Orion, I don't think you know how difficult it is for me to fight this. It's taking every single bit of my strength to be able to talk to you right now." 

Orion broke down crying and Apollo pulled him into his arms. 

"I love you, Orion Black." 

"Not as much as I love you." 

The other three came back in and they all sat beside the bed. 

"I'm gonna miss you all," Apollo said finally lying down as his strength gave out.

"We'll miss you more," Abraxas said holding his hand. 

"Yeah, mate," Theseus said, his voice was strained and his eyes were red. 

"I'm so sorry Apollo," Tom said his voice breaking slightly. "I should've worked harder. I'm so sorry." 

"Hey, Tommy it's not your fault. You tried your best and that's all anyone can ask for." 

Tom nodded mutely and put his head down. 

"Don't be too sad," Apollo said with a tired smile. "Your lives will go on. Hopefully." 

He pulled an envelope out of his pocket and handed it to Orion. It was addressed to Fleamont, Euphemia, all the Weasleys, Tommo, Orion, Tom, Abraxas, and Theseus.