Chapter 9.

Sirius pulled his coat close around him and looked up at the horrifying prison. 

He walked through the hallways and came to a room that had a pane of glass splitting it in the middle. 

"You sit here Mr. Black. We'll come back soon with the prisoner." 

Sirius sat and fidgeted with his sleeves wondering if this was really a good idea. But it was too late now. 

Orion Black entered the room. He was a shadow of his old self that Sirius had seen in the memories. 

"Sirius." He said slightly confused. 

"Orion." 

They sat in silence staring at each other. 

"I found your memories." 

"Did you?" 

"I did. I know about Apollo, your forced marriage, and his death." 

"Then why are you here?" 

"I don't know," Sirius admitted. "To be honest it was to see if I could look at you any different after seeing everything." 

"And can you?" 

"Maybe a bit. You said I had his smile." 

"You do. Every time you smiled I remembered him." 

"Why did you hate me and Regulus?" 

Orion sighed and closed his eyes briefly. "I never hated you. As I'm sure I said in those memories I could never look at you without thinking about what I could've had with Apollo. He'd be disappointed in me that's for sure. I am a bad father I don't deny it and I never will. I didn't give you or Regulus the care and love you deserved. I left that to Walburga and I soon learned how foolish of me that was. She truly was an awful person. Not to say that I am not. But I don't think I'm on that level of awfulness."

"No, you aren't." Sirius relented. "But you are a bad person." 

"I won't deny it. And I'm paying for it right now in prison." 

"Do you want me to visit Apollo's grave for you? Christmas is coming up and I know that was a special time for you and him." Sirius had no idea why he was offering but he didn't intend to take it back. 

"Really?! You don't have to." 

"I'm offering. But you'll have to tell me where it is." 

"Do you know Hannah's Happy Holidays?" 

"I do." 

"Well it's down the road from there and it's in the fifth row thirteen tombstones down." 

"I'll go there tomorrow." 

"Thank you so much." 

"I haven't forgiven you in any way. But Apollo deserves a visitor." 

"I know. But I can still be grateful." 

"I suppose. Goodbye Orion."

"Goodbye Sirius." 

The End.