Prologue

In middle of the great hall, there was a flash and there stood a group. A very weird group of people. A group full of vampires, witches, hybrids and originals. Everyone was wary. 

~

It was 1976, the Marauders' seventh year in Hogwarts had just started and they all were back at Hogwarts for their last year. 

To the extreme right corner of the Great Hall, was the Gryffindor table, the house of marauders and their friends. The students sitting there were talking to each other quite noisily. The house was defined by its members having courage, bravery, chivalry, nerve and recklessness among other things. The house colours being red an gold with the lion as the mascot animal.

James Fleamont Potter (to his friends, Prongs), the heir to the house of Potter and the impromptu leader of the Marauders, was chatting excitedly with his brother in all but blood about being the head boy with his beloved Lily-flower as the head girl. Though his friends were teasing him about now having to follow rules instead of playing pranks as he was the head boy.

The said brother, Sirius Orion Black III (or Padfoot), the runaway Black heir was listening and nodding responses to his best friend though his eyes rested on the Slytherin table where his younger brother, Regulus, was talking with his friends, pointedly ignoring his elder brother's gaze.

Beside his sat Remus Lupin (better known as Moony), watching the new students being sorted into their houses.

Lastly, Peter Pettigrew (also called Wormtail), was just awaiting the feast. He was hungry.

Somewhere along the table, a group of seventh year girls, were talking calmly amongst each other. The said group consisted of Lily Evans, Marlene McKinnon, Alice Fortescue and Mary MacDonald.

Next to Gryffindor was the Hufflepuff table. Their valued traits were loyalty, hard work, patience, kindness, acceptance and some. The house animal being a badger with black and yellow as the colours. The students on this table were quiet as compared to former, but still talkative nonetheless.

To second from left stood the Ravenclaw table. With eagle as the chosen animal, the house valued intelligence, learning, wisdom, creativity and wit above others, having the colors blue and bronze. Most of the students sitting on the table had their faces buried in various books and the few that didn't were whispering quietly, so as the not disturb others.

Finally, to extreme left, was the Slytherin table. The residents talking quietly amongst each other. The house appreciated cunning, determination, ambition, resourcefulness and slyness the most, often living up to the traits, just like their mascot, the serpent. And green and silver being the preferred colors.

After the final few students were sorted and settled down, the headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore stood. But suddenly, just as Dumbledore was about to give his welcome speech after the sorting, a there was a flash, indicating the arrival of a new group. 

In middle of the great hall, there was a flash and there stood a group. A very weird group of people. A group full of vampires, witches, hybrids and originals. Everyone was wary. 

Everyone was staring at each other, not knowing what to say. The silence was broken by someone.

"Long time, brother." A guy, with brown hair and eyes, said in british accent. He was Kol Mikaelson and he was glaring at a dark blonde haired, blue eyed male, named Niklaus Mikaelson, or Klaus as he preferred to be addressed as. Both of them being extremely handsome as many girls stared at them and started whispering amongst themselves, much to the dismay of some of their boyfriends.