Chapter 2

[𝗦𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻]

When you first awakened, your vision was fuzzy. When you regained awareness, the first thing you noticed was a fluffy sensation beneath you; when you slowly opened your eyes, you discovered you were still in your cat form, and you breathed a sigh of relief.

Now that your vision was clear, the events of the day flashed by in a split second. You immediately turned your attention to your right arm, only to discover that it was covered in gauze dressing, which covered half of your arm and caused you unable to walk normally.

Despite this, you find it difficult to get back on your feet. You gazed up, a little wobbly, at your new surroundings. It was a room with a window in the middle of two beds, a desk, and a wardrobe closet against the left bed.

You were seated in between the beds in a cat bed, staring back at the window, which now showed the stars, indicating that it was night. The left bed was occupied by items and tools, suggesting that just one person had lived in this room.

While gently dropping, you made your way to the door, which was a little difficult to open.

You jerked your head left and right and began limping toward the stairwell. As you approached, you noticed doors gleaming with bright light, displaying people taking a pose. You had no idea what they meant, yet looking at them gave you a strange but pleasant feeling of homecoming comfort and a slight feeling of wonder d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶m̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶t̶̶.

You instantly remembered your condition as you approached the stairwell. Sighing, you attempted to descend slowly, but for a brief moment, you noticed a section of the stairwell move from the bottom. You came to a halt and glanced at the stairwell.

The steps then resumed their move, this time leading up to you. You took a step back as it got closer. As chunks of the floor began to jump towards you, you leaned your back against the wall and closed your eyes in fear.

You slowly opened your eyes, unsure what was going on. The floor tiles were still moving about, but they weren't attacking you. They were simply hopping into position, and you just stared at it, perplexed.

Then, in an instant. Something rumbled beneath your feet, and you were pushed to your feet. You didn't have time to move because the floor was forming some kind of flooring beneath you. You imagined yourself as a cat riding a strange surfboard. You were completely perplexed; you couldn't get out of this mess, so you just let things happen.

The flooring began to move swiftly to the stairwell at a pace that did not cause you to fall over. After you descended the stairs, the floor took a left into a room where you could hear people talking.

The floor then abruptly came to a halt, as did the conversation of the people in front of you. You stared at them, expecting something to happen because your anxiety was starting to kick in, making you feel uneasy in the sudden atmosphere.

Suddenly, a girl with curly hair jumped out of her chair, a grin on her face, and approached you. You tried to back away instinctively but whimpered instead when your right arm hurt from the movement.

The girl noticed and stopped, giving you a worried look before returning a look at the table.

"Mama, Antonio cmon, the cat has woken up!" She turned cheerfully to the table and said.

You perked up when Antonio was mentioned, remembering how the woman from before talked about him, and then you looked to see who the girl was talking to. Surprisingly, you saw the same woman from earlier, and she still wore the same clothes. You smelled food and looked over to a little boy wearing a long-sleeved yellow and light orange striped shirt with an orange sleeveless vest over it, along with a red scarf and brown jeans with dark beige and orange shoes, and he also got up from his seat. He had a bird sitting next to him, which intrigued your interest.