Chapter 16

Y/N's Pov

I'm currently seated before the mirror, getting dolled up for our reception. Upon arriving at the mansion, which rivals a palace, we were promptly ushered into separate rooms for preparation. Both of us are readying ourselves in the guest room, as Mr. Taehyung mentioned he would guide me to our bedroom and give a house tour. It appears Taehyung is the sole contributor to this effort. It's not that I harbor any resentment; when I agreed to this marriage, I understood its gravity. I'm committed to making it work, but if it doesn't, we'll follow the terms of our contract and part ways. "Ma'am, you're ready to go. Please assess yourself," the makeup artist stated professionally, prompting me to gaze at the mirror. I must admit, they've done an exceptional job.

Just as we settled into the room, a gentle knock echoed through the door. In walked a middle-aged woman, radiating beauty that defied her age, with a young girl in tow. Everyone in the room, including myself, greeted them with bows.

"Oh my, my daughter-in-law looks so beautiful, doesn't she, Eunji?" the woman exclaimed, cupping my cheeks with a motherly voice. "Of course, eomma. She will look beautiful; after all, she is my dongsang's choice," Eunji replied, confirming my assumption about their relationship. Being familiar with Korean, I smiled.

After observing their interaction, I found my voice. "Um, I'm sorry, but I didn't recognize you," I admitted, prompting their attention. "Oh, where are my manners? I am Taehyung's mother, Taeha, and she is Tae's elder sister, Eunji. I apologize; our flight delay kept us from attending the wedding," Taeha explained. Eunji added, "Yeah, we wanted to attend, but circumstances didn't allow us," punctuating her words with a dramatic, sad expression that brought a smile to my face.

"No need to apologize. You're older, so you should only give me your blessing," I said, attempting to touch their feet. However, Mrs. Kim gently grabbed my shoulder, preventing the gesture. "Why are you touching my feet?" she asked with a bewildered expression. I explained our cultural norm, but Mrs. Kim intervened, insisting, "No need for that. Call me Mom, not Mrs. Kim."

"Ah, okay, Mom," I said hesitantly. Eunji, ever cheerful, interrupted, "Enough now; let me meet my sister-in-law." She stood before me, introducing herself with a wide smile. "Hello, I am Eunji. You can call me unnie, okay?" she said in one breath. "Hahah, okay, unnie. It's nice to meet you. You are totally different from Taehyung," I observed, comparing her playful demeanor to his calm and cold nature. Eunji agreed, "I know, right? He is a total coldie, like a stone," huffing cutely.

"Okay, enough talking; we came here to take you with us. Everyone is waiting," Eunji declared, pulling me along while Mom followed, chuckling.

We approached a grand door, the distant sounds of music and chatter growing louder. "Wait, I thought we had to go somewhere else. I didn't know the reception is held here," I confessed, curiosity getting the better of me. Eunji explained, "You don't know; brother has a hall just for events like this. Now, let's not talk about this, okay?" With that, she opened the door, striding in with confidence. I straightened my posture, ready to face the awaited celebration.

The venue exudes an enchanting atmosphere, with breathtaking decorations that captivate every onlooker. A grand chandelier illuminates the space, casting a warm glow over a large table adorned with an array of delectable offerings, from exquisite food to tempting pastries. Animated conversations fill the air as people, elegantly dressed in fancy attire, mingle while holding wine glasses. The men, exuding sophistication, don tuxedos and suits that enhance the glamour of the occasion.

My gaze wanders, and I find myself ensnared by a pair of intense, dark eyes. Despite the shadows, those eyes offer a strange sense of security. I shake off my thoughts, questioning the direction of my emotions. Oh, God, what am I thinking? Snap out of it.

Suddenly, a hand gracefully encircles my waist, drawing me back to the present. I glance up to discover him, but his attention is fixed on Eunji unnie. "Nonna, I am taking my wife for a dance. Do you mind?" Taehyung utters with his resonant, deep voice. "Of course, why not? She's all yours," she responds with a chuckle, gracefully departing. He turns his focus to me, taking a few steps back, bowing slightly, one hand resting on his back. Offering his other hand like a true gentleman, he says, "Would you like to dance with me, M'lady?" "Yes, why not. I would love to," and with that, our dance begins, weaving us into the enchantment of the evening.

**Author's Pov**

The grandeur of the dance floor served as a backdrop to an exquisite dance between Y/N and Taehyung. Their movements were a seamless fusion of grace and passion, captivating the attention of onlookers. Admiration and envy coexisted in the gazes of those present; Y/N's radiance and Taehyung's striking presence made them the center of attention. But within the enchanting hall, the couple remained blissfully unaware of the whispers and envious glances, lost in the world they created through their dance.

**Taehyung's Pov**

As the music wove its magic, I noticed a subtle weariness in my queen's eyes. Gently guiding her away from the dance floor, we found refuge near a lavish table adorned with tempting treats. Offering her a glass of refreshing juice, I inquired about her appetite, but she declined with a shake of her head. In the silence that followed, an idea crossed my mind.

"Y/N, why not join me in meeting my hyungs?" I suggested, captivated by the sparkle in her eyes. "Ah, yes, sure. I'd love to meet them," she responded, a gentle smile gracing her lips. With that, I enveloped her in a protective embrace, leading her towards a circle of significance in my life.

As we approached, Yoongi hyung was the first to notice, a warm smile breaking across his face. Suddenly, I found myself wrapped in a comforting hug, a pat on the back echoing camaraderie. Glancing over my shoulder, I watched as Y/N respectfully bowed, greeting my hyungs with genuine warmth. Namjoon hyung reciprocated, his dimples adding a touch of friendliness.

We lingered in conversation, creating a bridge between my past and present. After a while, we joined the others in a feast, the shared laughter echoing through the hall. The time came for goodbyes, even my hyungs bidding adieu.

"You must be tired. Shall we retire for the night?" I proposed, realizing the magic of the evening could continue within the walls of our home. "Yes, let's go. I'm sleepy," she replied, her words accompanied by a charming yawn.

In the quiet of our room, I allowed her the privacy to change, while I opted for comfort, clad in sweatpants and shirtless. As she emerged from the bathroom, her surprise at my choice of attire was evident. "Mhmm, I sleep like this," I explained casually. She settled onto the bed, her back turned to me, and in the ensuing silence, I felt the need to share a secret.

"Y/N, my family is unaware of the contractual aspect of our relationship. I'd appreciate it if you kept it between us," I confessed, a dark undertone veiling my words, aware of the shadows lurking beneath the surface. She nodded understandingly, assuring me of her discretion.

With a whispered goodnight, we sank into the embrace of slumber. The tranquility of the moment was interrupted only by the gentle rhythm of our breaths. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, sleep claimed me, knowing that the warmth of her presence was mine to cherish.

Only mine