Chapter Fifty Three

Nick leaned over the balcony and glared to the floor of dancers below. They were all young, drunk and innocent. Perfect for the taking, maybe after this he would pick out a few. He had arrived just before Emily and her entourage, his source had informed him of the whereabouts and so he had come here awaiting their arrival.

There she was, in the centre of the floor, dancing with her little friend. Thanks to 'bestie', Emily was right in the middle of a huge trap and her three protectors were going to be caught unawares. From the conversation he had endured with Emily about her little outing, no one was aware of the arranged night out and so it was just her and her groupies here tonight. Nick was yet to locate Alex but he had noticed the pretty brunette called Sam. She was standing over by the fire exit doors, observing the crowd. He couldn't help but smirk as little did the female protector know that surrounding her were two men of his own. As if they were mindful of their leader's stare, they both cautiously looked up to him and then continued with their duty of enclosing Emily off on the dance floor.

From his position he could see every one of his team. They surrounded the edge of the dance floor and every now and then one of them would look to him for the signal. The signal to walk into the centre of that floor, kill the best friend and then take Emily. Lucky for Emily he still had some feelings and so she wouldn't die tonight. At least not straight away. Plus his Boss needed her alive.

For now, he was content to watch her sway her body from afar. It was the least she could do for him for dropping him so quickly like a stone in the water.

As he leaned to rest his hands on the rail he stared at her with hatred and jealousy for being able to be with her, he whispered to one his men. "Find out where Alex is before we take her."

Without saying a word the tall, muscular servant disappeared down the stairs to do as he was told.

Alex had been keeping his eye on Emily for a good thirty minutes now from the table he sat on, just off from the dance floor. The area was seated higher than the floor so that all its occupants were able to eyeball, or laugh, at the dancers from the comforts of their seats. Looking around he saw that most of the seating area was taken up by other guys, all dressed up smart to capture the attention of the girls in the club.

There was a range of people dancing to the constant bang bang banging noise of the bass. It definitely wasn't his kind of music, there was hardly any vocals and when there was it tended to be more shouting than harmony. Give him some old fashioned tunes any day over this rubbish.

Groups of guys huddled together watching those around them to see who they could mingle with, whilst the girl groups tended to just not care about those around them, simply let their hair down and enjoy the beat of the music. Girls like Emily. Her and Jen had chosen a spot just off from the centre, and the two of them giggled and danced together without a care in the world. Alex had spotted a small group of guys encircling them, looking over their shoulders and nudging each other; a suggestion of whether or not they should approach Emily and Jen. His body was tense enough as it was without having to watch men gawk over the girl he....

Alex briefly closed his eyes in an attempt to calm himself. That's all he needed. To lose control of his emotions and freak out. Possibly even to a point where the Hyde to his Jekyll may take over. He looked to his phone for any news. Tom had text him to say the front was clear. After replying he brought his attention back to Emily.

He watched Emily as she swayed to the beat of the music, her hair tossing around her shoulders as she moved her hips to the sound of the thundering tune. His world became a state of slow motion as she danced, her ever beautiful smile being prolonged in his eyes as she laughed and enjoyed herself. She looked amazing in the pale pink dress, the sequins twinkling as the lights picked them out. His breath caught in his chest when her eyes looked over the dance floor and found him. She gazed at him from afar as she let her body lose control to the euphoric sounds.