Friendship [Alternative Ending]

Three days after all that mess and the six teens were back at the Kings Cross station. The Marauders were waiting by a pillar and as soon as James saw Lily and Severus walking through the entrance, he knew he had to talk to them. He told the other three to wait for him and walked to the pair, receiving death glares from Lily as he came closer.

"Can I talk to you for a second? Alone?" he asked Severus, and while Lily opened her mouth to complain and probably argue with him, the Slytherin nodded slowly.

"Of course" he said simply, walking with him to a place a bit far away from the crowd that was forming around the train. It would leave in twenty minutes. They still had time. "What do you want, Potter?"

"Actually I... I wanted to give you something. I bet you've already found the sweater Lily gave you for Christmas yeah?" he asked, and Severus nodded. A great sweater. He liked it very much. "So... I realised that you don't usually receive Christmas presents so I... bought you something"

If both of them weren't incredibly embarrassed with those words, it meant that they were dead by now.

"You don't have to buy me things Potter" he said, but soon James was taking a box out of his bag and giving it to Severus.

"Use it well" he said, before giving him an uncomfortable smile and walking out. Severus watched him in complete confusion before opening the box out of curiosity. When he did, however, his eyes widened and he closed it up again.

He would never thank James for anything, but that surely was an incredible gift.

Severus used a spell to make it smaller and put it inside his own bag before walking to the train. When he did, he saw the way James and the Marauders watched him and felt weird. It didn't feel good. Only now he realised that the four boys knew about his worst secret.

He went inside the train, put his bag in his cabin, and went after Lily first. He saw her talking to her friends, and slowly moved closer, but not close enough to draw attention. Pointing his wand at her, he sighed and waved it lightly. However, before he could say anything, someone held his arm and he turned around to see James behind him, giving him a soft, but sad smile.

"Snape. Don't" he said, calling Lily's attention. She turned around and looked at them, before crossing her arms and frowning at Severus.

"What are you doing with that wand in hand, mister Snape?" she asked, and while Severus just wanted to hide away, James chuckled lightly, just as the other three Marauders stopped behind him.

"Don't worry. He's not doing anything" he said, and Severus looked at James with a soft frown on his face. "Don't be mad. I know what you were going to do. Relax. We aren't going to do anything about it. I mean... Tell the school. You don't have to erase our memories" he explained, and Lily's eyes widened before she nodded and held her best friend's hands.

"Yeah! Even those dumbasses wouldn't have the courage to use it against you" she said, and Severus groaned, moving away from all of them, getting inside an empty cabin. He was followed by the five, and Peter closed the door behind himself after all of them were inside.

"I know you won't! For Merlin's beard..." he muttered, rubbing his face with his wand still firm in his hand. Then, he turned around and pointed the object to their direction. "I can use one spell in all of you"

"Oh, I know" James chuckled and stepped forward, making all of them surprised at his attitude. "I know. I spent time as you. You're not weak. I promise. And it's not coward to run away when things are too much. Just... look. We are never going to be friends. But let us help" he said, moving even closer and placing his hand over Severus' shoulder. "Please"

"Please" all the other four asked, together, ad Severus stared at them quietly before sighing and lowering his wand, shaking his head.

"I hate you Potter"

"I know, Snivy. I hate you too"