Spryzen's Despair

You were at Valt's house, he was sitting on his desk, cleaning Valtryek while you were sitting on his bed, reading. The twins and Sora were sitting on the floor, Sora wasn't paying much attention though, she has her stomach on the ground and was looking through your sketchbook.

"I saw Shu earlier, Bro," Nika says.

The mention of Shu caught your attention. You looked up to them. "He didn't see me when I called out to him." You looked at her in confusion.

"Maybe he's not feeling well?" The younger sibling asked.

"What're you talking about? Shu's fine." Valt reassured, not really caring about what Nika was saying.

"But he came out of the doctor's office," Nika said.

"Did he catch a cold?" Toko asked his sister.

"He wasn't coughing," Nika replied.

"Then maybe he got injured?" Toko said.

"Injured?"

Nika gasped. Remembering one moment yesterday.

Flashback

"Oh, Shu!" They both yell, Nika was the first to run up to him. Shu was getting ready to Launch. He didn't hear the twins running up to him.

End of Flashback

"Maybe it was then..."

She went closer to Toko and Sora. "Hey, at the park..."

You perked up at the conversation. "Did something happen there?" You ask. Nika looked at you and nodded.

"The other day, I bumped into Shu at the park."

Flashback

Nika wasn't looking where she was stepping. She tripped on one of the steps.

Everything was going into slow motion.

She was going to fall on Shu's already moving elbow. That's when Shu finally noticed the little girl, and so, he stopped moving his arm.

"He was about to Launch, and..."

Hurting it in the process. Pain shot through him.

End of Flashback

"When was that?" Sora asked, she was now paying attention.

Nika thought for a moment, "Um...the day before Bro fought Shu."

Your and Valt's faces changed into serious ones. You both shot up as you began to run out of the room as Valt soon followed you after.

♡♡♡

You and Valt were running to where Shu is. Of course, Valt is using you as a GPS. "Here!" You say, pointing at the entrance of the park.

Shu stood there as if he was waiting for something.

'If you keep forcing yourself.'

'You might not be able to battle anymore.'

The voice in his head made him uneasy.

You and Valt were still kinda far away. You and Valt turned and managed to see over the big bushes. Yep, he was there.

"You were right, Hu Tao. There he is!" Valt said.