Chapter 6: Teitan High School

Kaiya POV

I put my PE uniform in my locker and tried to find class 2-B through the morning rush of students. I sighed. Conan wanted me to go to Teitan High School after the recent incident since I would attract less attention that way. I looked at my map. Hmm 2-B should be in this building. Suddenly someone crashed into me, causing both of us to fall on the floor. "Ouch!" we said at the same time and rubbed our heads.

I looked up and saw a boy with big round glasses and dark hair with v-shaped bangs.

"Sorry, I'm always prone to accidents. I seem to have a stroke of bad luck." The boy apologized.

"It's alright. I'm Kaiya and I'm new here. Do you think you can help me get to class 2-B?" I asked as I helped the boy up.

"I'm Eisuke. I'm trying to get to class 2-B too." he replied. I studied him closer. That Eisuke from the anime?

 That Eisuke from the anime?

***************

"Alright class we have two new students today. Kaiya Matuski and Eisuke Hondou. Please welcome them!" a kindly old man with glasses introduced us. "You may sit in the two empty seats behind Ran Mori and Sonoko Suzuki." I waved at them and Sonoko eagerly waved back as we walked towards them. Eisuke tripped on the floor again and I grabbed his arms to steady him. Jeez he's really clumsy.

Immediately we were swamped with questions like "Which high school did you come from?". I stuck with the backstory that I was from America and I'm studying abroad.

They also asked me about my hobbies. "I enjoy reading murder mysteries and I do fencing! Do you have a fencing club here?" I answered and I heard whispers about how I was like Shinichi and also that fencing was cool.

Others also commented, "Eisuke, you look like the male version of Rena Mizunashi!"

"I had a sister that looks like Rena Mizunashi. I'm trying to find her." Eisuke said.

"Well you are in luck, my father is a detective." Ran told him.

"Yeah, he's the famous detective Mori Kogoro. He can help you find your sister." Sonoko chimed in.

"Then can I visit your house sometime to meet Mori-san?" Eisuke asked eagerly.

"Of course." Ran offered.

************

(a few days later)

"Eisuke-kun where are you going?" I went after him. We became good friends mostly because I kept him from getting into accidents all the time. But he always disappeared somewhere after school, probably looking for his sister. 

"I'm looking for Rena Mizunashi. She might know something about my big sister. But Rena Mizunashi suddenly disappeared a few days ago, and my father used to work at the Company so I asked around. I think she's at Haido Central Hospital." Ah right, Company as in CIA.

"Why do you want to look for your sister?" I asked. 

"She was always so kind to me. I used to get injured a lot when I was younger so she would give me blood transfusions." he told me.

"She seems like a good sister Eisuke-kun. If it's alright with you, let me help you find her." He nodded so we went into to the hospital. At the hospital we saw a suspicious man with unruly hair and a tan leather jacket.

"Let's follow him." Eisuke suggested. We tailed him for a while before I abruptly pulled Eisuke behind a corridor.

"Shhh Eisuke-kun." I covered his mouth with my hands. We saw the man enter an empty room and pull out a cellphone.

"That's the seven children song!" Eisuke whispered and my eyes widened. We sighed in relief after the man left. 

*************

"Have you seen this woman anywhere?" Eisuke asked around and held a picture of Rena Mizunashi. Everyone shook their heads. Poor Eisuke. But it's for the best since her location needs to be a secret for now.