4

(Katsuki has been going to school for about 2 months now)

Katsuki enjoyed school, well, most of the time. Sometimes it got hectic though! It's hard going to one of the toughest schools in Japan, working as the manager of a small café, taking care of 2 young girls and a dog, and doing all this without help (besides for the neighbor lady) and without letting anybody know. 

I'm not quite sure why  Katsuki didn't tell anyone. His mind was very complex, he had been through so much shit at such a young age and was still going through it, of course his mental space wasn't the best. 

Because nobody knew what was going on... They didn't really understand why he was himself. He was very..strange to them. He didn't seem to trust anyone, he was very protective of himself, he hated when people stood behind him, hated being touched, was horrifically honest, and he didn't really know how to act in public. The result of this made him seem like a total jerk, always pushing people away and yelling at people  when they simply touched him.

Of course everyone thought all this was just...him. They never expected it to be because of traumatic instant after traumatic instance packed beside each other making a wall of security for himself.  His mask was made to well to see past it! Well, for now.

When he first started in UA, he made some good friends. The bakusquad. His squad helped him loosen up a bit! One boy in particular really helped him. Shitty hair. He would come home from a long day of school and work and just rant to the lady next door about it all...his feelings. Of course, the lady being the awesome lady she was didn't judge him at all, instead she introduced him to the Lgbtqia+ community. After that, Katsuki would spend hours looking through what others had to say... He couldn't understand why it was hated so much. Because he felt so much comfort from it, he introduced it to his sisters. (You'll know why that's relevant eventually)

He would go to school cheerfully, although nobody could tell, and talk to the squad. But because he spent so much time talking, he had less time to work on his homework. And Katsuki needed all the time he could get! When he couldn't finish an assignment during school, he wouldn't be able to work on it until after work. He found it very important to spend time with his siblings so he did that as well. And soon, Katsuki would find himself spending hours, late at night, finishing his homework. 

This took a toll on his physical and mental health. 

Before this, Katsuki's mental health was already nearly non-existent. This... Didn't help. Trauma affects people a lot. And adding a huge load of stress and secrecy on top of it? 

Katsuki was in such a bad mental space that he would do things to himself to feel better. 

Katsuki Bakugou would constantly self harm to feel better. His mind was a zoo that would constantly bring in new animals until he felt his head was going to explode.. He felt like self harming set some of the animals free...through the blood that would run from his thighs.. Hundreds of the animals (thoughts) were washed out.

One day, Kamski walked in on her brother passed out from blood loss. She panicked and woke him up. She bandaged his cuts and talked to him about it. They made up a system, whenever Katsuki felt extremely bad he would tap his necklace 3 times. Then Kamski would be there in a rush and stop him from going to far. The two shielded this from their youngest sister.. They didn't want her to be worried. But they decided (with her this time), to make up another plan. If they were ever in trouble, they'd tap the accessory 5 times. Then one would be there to help. They used this system a lot during their time in the adoption center.

Katsuki told himself that as long as he wasn't considering suicide, he shouldn't use the 3 taps, and so he didn't. He just became very careful not to let his sisters find out. Every day he would go to school with his thighs bandaged. And nobody noticed... At least not for the time being.

Ty for reading! :))