Stay with me

A/N: I feel like "Hold on" by Chord Overstreet is a good song for this chapter. Or even "Fix You" by Coldplay

I ran I didn't even know where I was going but I ran.

BUCKY POV

I watched as Vlad fell to the ground and Em took off running. By the time I climbed down from the tree where I was I had no clue where she had gone. The officers excused me as I ran back to the car and drove to avengers campus.

"Bruce!" I panted as I ran into the lab. "I need you to pull up the info on that tracker I had you put in my dog tags."

"Sure Barnes," he said taking off his glasses and walking over to his computer. After what seemed like hours he had an exact location with coordinates. "Seems like she's at a hotel on Pine street," Bruce said. "I'll send the location to your phone. Good luck"

I drove as fast as I could not letting down on the gas to the hotel where Em was. I got to the front desk. "Hi, have you seen a young women with medium length brown hair and green eyes check in yet? Her name is Emerlee Williams."

"Yes," the clerk asked.

"Oh good can you tell me what room? She's my girlfriend I'm here to surprise her." I forced a smile.

"Oh how sweet," the lady said. "She's in room 412"

I thanked the clerk and ran upstairs not evening wanting to take the time to wait for the elevator. I found room 412 and knocked. "Doll, it's me. It's Bucky. Open the door please? Everything is going to be ok. Vlad will never hurt you again. Doll, open the door." I waited a few seconds before I kicked the door in.

She wasn't in the bedroom so I turned to the bathroom. I didn't even care to knock and kicked that door in as well.

That's when I saw it. Her lifeless body in the tub head down in the water. And an empty pill bottle by the side of the tub.

I pulled her head out of the water. "Come on Doll," I began to cry. I dialed 911 and soon the operator picked up as I got her out of the tub.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"I need to report an overdose," I cried as I stuck my fingers down her throat with no luck. I tried and tried but it was no use I couldn't trigger her gag reflex. I tried to feel for her pulse it was there but it was weak and slowing down. "She still has a pulse, please hurry." I choked out.

"Ok, what's your location are you safe?"

"Yes I'm at the Marriott on Pine street room 412" I cried "please hurry, I can't loose her"

"Help is on the way sir"

"Doll, doll. Stay with me. Stay with me, ok? Please I need you. Doll, I love you. I can't live with out you. You can't go not like this." I cried as she laid still in my arms. "Em please, I know you can hear me. If you don't stay for you, stay for me. I need you. You can't leave me. I promise I'll make it up to you." I cried more. "Baby please" I kissed her forehead. "Please don't leave me."

I held Em close and ten minutes later paramedics came and took her limp body from me. I ran following them and once we got outside I explained who I was.

They let me get in the back of the ambulance with her and then we drove off to the hospital.

The ride seemed to take forever. And then finally we arrived.

I started to follow but then was stopped. "You can't go in there," the nurse said.

"You don't understand, if I'm not there and she wake up surrounded by strangers she might become violent." I desperately explained.

The nurse hesitated before stepping aside to let me in. They hooked up heart monitors to her and began to get her ready to have her stomach pumped. And that's when it happened.

She flatlined.