[CLOSED] #DeathOntheNile - Short Story Contest (UK)

We have teamed up with 20th Century Studios to bring you into a thrilling travelogue of a whodunnit murder mystery on the Nile. Join Detective Poirot as he is pulled into a murder investigation while he is trying to enjoy a holiday in Egypt. Poirot is approached by a socialite, Linnet, who wants to prevent her friend Jacqueline from stalking her after she had married Jacqueline's fiancé – a request which the detective politely turns down.

But when someone is shot dead while travelling on a steamer up the Nile (on which Poirot is also a passenger) it falls to the detective to find the person responsible. Although the most obvious suspect is Jacqueline, no passenger on the boat is safe from Poirot's investigation.

📝 Contest Challenge

Wattpadders! It's YOUR turn to put on your sleuthing caps. The famous Agatha Christie novel: Death on the Nile is being brought to the big-screen by 20th Century Studios, and we want to hear your thrilling mystery stories set in this beautiful location.

"Have you ever loved so much, you would kill?"

Just as the haunting quote suggests, this is a story of love, secrets, murder and the detective who must unravel it all.

You are a guest on a luxury river Nile cruise ship in the 1930's. You've found a diary...the first sentence begins with: Have you ever loved so much, you would kill?

Let us know what the rest of the diary entry says. We want passion, feels, drama and maybe even a clue to... murder.

In 2,000 characters or less, unravel the mystery! Write your diary entry in the comment section of this page and tag it #DeathOnTheNile!

Watch the "Death On The Nile" trailer below for inspiration!

Timeline

• Deadline to enter this contest is February 20th, 2022 at 11:59PM GMT.

📜 Submission Requirements

• Your entry must be in English.

• Your story must be tagged #DeathOnTheNile to be considered.

• Your story must be posted in the comment section below of this contest prompt page within one post under 2,000 characters (must have a Wattpad account to enter; to create one for free, visit http://www.wattpad.com/login)

Eligibility Requirements

• Entrants must be legal residents of the United Kingdom and 13 years of age or older at the time of entry.

• You must be signed in to Wattpad to enter the contest.

🏆 Prizes

One (1) winner will be chosen to receive the following prize:

• A shout out on @Mystery Profile on Wattpad.

• A copy of the "Death on the Nile" novel.

The Wattpad Team

20th Century Studios