Chapter 23

-Alana-

[Wednesday]

"Caelyn... please bring it down. You're giving me a headache."

"Okay, mommy... sorry." I smiled once she kissed my check, but immediately groaned when she ran down the hall hollering for Paris to be quiet. I shook my head when I caught him staring at me.

"May I help you?"

"You want something for your head? We got pills in the back..." Shaking my head no, I closed my eyes before laying out in the couch. I didn't want anything from him... just for him to leave me alone after I help him 'trick' his mother. That was apart of the list of terms and conditions I recited to him this morning when I got here. Once this whole plot was over, he would avoid me. He wouldn't call me, or text me... The only time he was allowed to use my number is when he wanted to speak to his daughter. I've made up my mind that I want to be done with Chris. At one point I wanted to fix us... I truly did. But c'mon son, how many times can I try to fix something that doesn't want to be fixed?

"Chris... what are you doing?" I pushed his face away from mine before scooting further into the belly of the couch. He shook his head before positioning himself in the little bit of space I left on the couch. Once he pulled me on top of him, I rolled my eyes... already aware of what was about to go down.

"I'm sorry, Lana. I'm sorry for the whole therapist thing. You know it takes me some time to admit my wrongs, but I'm admitting it. Everything I said to you was out of line and-"

"It's whatever, Chris. Don't apologize to me now because your mom is coming tomorrow and you want to be on my good side." I rolled my eyes before rolling off of his body, only thing is he pulled me back before I could walk too far and sat me down in his lap. "Chris..."

"Let me finish, damn," Smacking my lips, I turned around in his lap so that I could watch his face as he spoke. He smirked once he realized that I was straddling him, but my face remained expressionless. "Can you go on?"

"Uh yeah... Alright. I'm truly sorry for everything that I said to you... not only in that therapist office, but when I came to drop Paris off that day. I know that my sorry won't let you forget, but I hope you can forgive me." One of his hands rubbed at my side as his eyes kept a steady hold on mine. I wanted to look away, but he wouldn't let me. His other hand had a good grip on my chin, restricting me from turning my head away; no matter how hard I tried.

"Chris, I... you- you can't keep doing this shit to me! Why the fuck do you always do this to me?!" I didn't even realize that I was on the verge of crying until he mumbled 'don't cry, Lana'. That caused me to blink out of confusion, and all my emotions came out in liquid form. "It's your fault I'm crying," I quickly wiped my tears with the back of my hand as he did the same with his thumb. I didn't want him comforting me. I wanted to know why he held such a big hold on my life. "Why do you always do this, Chris? Seriously..."

"Do what? I'm apologizing for-"

"Whenever you see that I'm done with your ass for good, and ready to move on... you do this shit. You did it all those years ago when I went to live with Cam. Why do you always fix up your act when I leave? Why-" I paused once I saw him lick over his lips. The hold he had on my waist became tighter before he leaned in. I contemplated, but went against my brain's input and followed the sayings of my heart. The kiss was different from the others we've shared in the past. It wasn't angry nor was it hungry like most of our kisses were. It was tender and passionate in the least sexual way. Our lips moved in sync perfectly with each others until he slowly slid his tongue between my lips. Upon having contact with his tongue, a familiar surge of energy shot through my body and sped up my heart rate. "Chris..."