Chapter 1 Beach

(Use the white noise for extra effect if you like)

"C'mon!" Riley called back to Bee, her best friend since she could remember and the only one who would listen to her ideas. Bee sighed "I'm coming!" Bee sprinted and caught up to Riley who was rushing through the woods. "Your walking too fast!" They were running through the woods to a cliff-side beach on the edge of Calypso the island they lived on. Riley ran through the woods "WAIT UP!" called Bee but the sounds of the forest around them drowned out Bee's words.

Riley ran until she felt the sand beneath her bare feet. She laid down in the sand and sighed. The sand always relaxed her for whatever reason. *Bloop* Riley sat up what was that? she thought *Bloop* there it was again it was coming from the water Maybe it's a fish? she hoped but she was starting to get creeped out. she stood and walked to the water. Then something flashed under the waves. Something with tan sand-coloured skin and fins instead of ears. With a long-finned tail like a dolphin's and storm gray eyes. What..? Riley thought then the creature disappeared. "Wait!" Riley called but it was too late the creature was gone. Just then Bee emerged from the Forest behind her breathing heavily. "you can't just run ahead like that!" Bee scolded. "What were you yelling at?". Riley looked back at the surf but the creature was still gone, "oh uh, nothing. Just... Imagining!" Bee sighed (she does that a lot).

 Riley and Bee then stayed on the beach until sunset. They then went home where Riley ate dinner and slept. But unbeknownst to her dreams would not be a safe place that night.

.

.

.

What do you think reader? What will happen in her dreams hmm? Will she dream about the mystery creature she saw that day... or perhaps a future friend? (also 320 words nice)