Chapter 3 Trout

(do y'all want white noise for every chapter? just asking)

Riley ran through the trees until she was certain no one from in town could see her, then she walked to the beach through the forest. Her senses told her she should hurry but she didn't. when she finally got to the beach she ran blindly forward onto the sand and bumped into something "Ah!" she yelped, she started to fall over but something caught her. Riley felt a hand on her back "Woah there girl!" said a familiar voice "Where you rushing off to on this barren beach at midnight?" Riley opened her eyes and saw... Trout? The person who had caught her looked almost exactly like the woman in her dream, same ruffly white shirt, same scarlet corset, same black britches and black buckled boots. This Trout looked a little different tho she no longer had her hair in a bun instead letting it cascade down her shoulders like a golden river, she also had a red bandana and 2 sandy-tanish dots next to each eye and a new necklace which was just a simple cord with a small cat's paw shell on it. Trout raised an eyebrow and it occurred to Riley that Trout had asked a question. It also became apparent that Trout had caught her by grabbing her around the waist. "Um.. well-" "Have we met?" Trout suddenly asked "hmm?" "I feel like I know you from somewhere but I'm not sure." "I don't believe so?" Riley said "hmm..." Trout seemed bothered "Well then, nice to meet you. Call me Trout." So it is you... Riley thought "Riley." she said, she stood and Trout let go. "So mind telling me why your out here all alone?" Trout asked "Well..I- w-what are you doing out here hmmm?" Riley replied. Trout didn't seem to have an answer, "Well... I was looking for a-... I- hmmm you seem to have put me in a tough spot m'lady." Trout said, Riley laughed she had never been called "m'lady" before. "Well I was here for a peaceful spot I guess..." Riley lied, "oh," Trout said. How do you look so calm? Riley thought, "Same here I suppose, it gets loud on the ship." "Ship? Are you a merchant sailer Trout?" Riley questioned, "Yeah... something like that..." Trout said in a low but sad tone. 

The 2 decided to sit and talk for a while, 

Riley laughed at Trout's little play on words, "Dear god, You are really funny!" Trout gave a mischievous smirk, "My shipmates don't think so. They think I'm to jokey to be a proper sailer." " That's hardly fare." Riley said, Trout shrugged "Well I don't control them seashell" "Sorry, did you just call me 'seashell'?" Riley asked feeling her face go a little red, Trout's tan skin flushed into a bright pink "Sorry! I can call you something else if you like I just makeup nicknames for all my friends." Trout spilled out "I never said I didn't like it." Riley said confused by her own words, "Sooo I can call you seashell?" Trout asked a little red still "Yeah I kinda like that nickname." Trout smiled, and Riley's blush deepened. "Hey Seashell?" Riley hummed in response to the name, "What is your last name?" "Odd question." Riley said, "Well I just wanna know." Riley thought a moment before saying 

R: "Shipsmen." 

T: "Hmm?" 

R: "My last name is Shipsmen." 

T: "Oh,"

R: "Even though I've never even been on a ship before."

T: "Wait, you've NEVER been on a ship and Shipsmen is your last name?!"

R: "I'm not allowed until I'm 18. 2 more years, then I'll be sailing off shore."

"Hmmm," Trout said "well-" Riley cut them off with "oh stars! It's nearly sunrise! I'm sorry Trout I have to go." "Oh..." Trout said kinda sad then she shook her head "I mean yeah go. If you ever wanna talk again though you can come find me. I'm here most nights." Riley nodded and dashed for the trees as the sky started to turn a light purple I'm not sure how, Riley thought but good gods I think I'm in love.

.

.

.

Well. What do you think reader? What will happen? Does this Trout character have something to do with the creature? Also sorry for not updating in a while I haven't been really motivated recently. Word count: 729