Chapter Twenty-Two

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Twenty-Two: Always

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Just like James had said to, Romina downed the horrid hangover potion the very moment her eyes fluttered open that next morning. The sunlight was streaming through the curtains, bright and strong. She immediately curled back up and faced the opposite wall so she could close her eyes once more.

She had no idea what time it was, but she heard some footsteps in the hallway and continued ignoring the need to get up and use the restroom because after a night of intense drinking, for the very first time at that, all she wanted to do was sleep the day away.

She wouldn't get what she wanted, sadly, because her eyes fluttered open the moment the mattress by her feet dipped down under the weight of another body.

Turning slightly to see who it was, she let out a sigh.

"Can I help you?" She asked in a whisper, tugging the blankets up just a bit more to cover her bare shoulders.

"It's almost two in the afternoon. Mia is starting to worry about you. I told her I'd come get you. Thought you wouldn't want her to come up and be the one to find you hungover in bed."

Sirius nervously played with a frayed string attached to the bottom of his trousers, his leg bent at the knee as he rested on the bed beside her.

"I would rather it be anyone else but you." She admitted bluntly, keeping her back to him. She hoped that maybe if she kept being rude that he would get the hint and leave. But it was wishful thinking because it only caused Sirius to lean over her legs, his hand pressing into the mattress beside her as he tried to get a better look at her face. The closeness between them was extremely intimate and she tried to ignore the butterflies creeping up inside of her.

"Are you going to let me apologize?"

"No." She scoffed and turned just a bit to look at him now. "You'll have to do a lot more than just say those two pointless words."

"Well, okay, but can I just start off by saying those two pointless words then?" He asked her as his grey eyes studied her face. She didn't look terrible, which surprised him. But the small vial on the table beside the bed caught his eye and he found himself smiling. James must have given her the hangover potion last night. Atleast one of them was looking out for her.

That thought made him feel sick to his stomach. He let that ugly green-eyed monster win last night and he knew he needed to learn to control it better. He shifted back as she sat up, tugging the blankets around her for warmth as she stared over at him.