Chapter Forty

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Forty: Cursebreaker

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

 ⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧⁺˚*•✩• ̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

S E P T E M B E R 1979

"Do you think you want a big wedding?" Romina glanced up from the most current copy of Witch Weekly to look at her friend who sat opposite her on Sirius' couch. The boys were behind them in the kitchen, cooking no less, which gave the two time to gossip.

"When I was a little girl, I think so. But now, with the war and all," Lily frowned for a moment before peaking back up with a smile, "Now I just want to marry James. I don't think we're going to do something too big. If we did, it would need too many protection spells in place. I don't want to put anyone through that just to have a few butterbeers and watch me cry like a baby infront of everyone with James."

Romina chuckled softly at her friend. Her hand moved to pat Lily's knee in three soft taps, "You would not be the only one crying, I can assure you." The girls broke out into smiles and laughter before they were interrupted by James and Sirius calling them for dinner.

"I can't believe you've cooked this. No magic?" Romina raised a brow as she looked over at Sirius. He was in the process of stuffing his face with a fork full of meat and potatoes, though paused to give her his usual devilish smirk before continuing to eat.

"Mum taught me, you know." James began, clearing his throat after the food he had just chewed and swallowed. "And I'm very good at supervising and teaching, so this would not have been possible without my help."

That had earned him a slap against the chest by Lily, though the two did begin to laugh. Sirius shrugged, unfazed by what James' had said. "It's true." He agreed, laughing along with them.

"Well, it doesn't matter to me. It's the thought that counts. It was very sweet of both of you to do this for us." Romina leaned over to gently press her lips against her boyfriends cheek before continuing to dig into dinner.

The last month and a half had come and gone faster than Romina was hoping. The wounds of Regulus' death were still quite fresh, but with each passing day she became stronger and more focused on her work and the war, while Sirius did the same.

Outside of the order meetings, Romina barely had time to see any of her friends. She had officially moved in with Sirius so she had not even seen Euphemia or Fleamont, whom she missed terribly.

James and Lily left soon after dinner. Romina had told them not to worry about the clean up, as she had it handled. After locking the door and turning with a heavy sigh, Sirius watched Romina glide through the kitchen with a towel resting over her shoulder and a stack of dirty dishes in her hands.