Accident

A young Elena sat in her room at night reading when her twin brother burst through the door with excitement in his eyes as he ran over to her bed and jumped up onto it and looked at his sister with wide eyes filled with mischief not caring for the cold at the moment.

"Elena come on, come on everyone's asleep we can play now" Camilo yelled excitedly as he plucked the book out of her hands and threw it carelessly to the side and began dragging his sister out the room. Though before he could make it out the door Elena stopped and looked at her brother with a raised eyebrow.

"We can't Camilo and you know that I mean what if Dolores hears us huh? And the risk of mamá or papá or anyone wanting a drink in the night" she told him causing the boy to pout and his eyes to fill with tears as he looked at his sister in sadness.

He walked towards her slowly as he lip began to wobble "but we always do this d-do you not love me anymore Lena" he said to her as tears began to fall causing Elena to walk towards her brother and embrace him in a hug.

She smiled at him and told her brother "I do love you hermano but the adults know we're up to something at night and we can't get caught can we Camilo?" This caused the curly haired boy so look down and nod sadly whilst hugging her tighter. "But I guess we could do it this one last time then if it makes you feel better" she said which caused Camilo to look up from the floor at her, the tears already gone, and his large smile began to form and the exit meant filled his eyes again.

Elena suddenly grabbed his arm and ran out of her room Camilo eagerly following behind her as they made their way across casita's floors that that made sure they didn't slip. When they made it to the centre of the court yard Camilo began to jump and and down in excitement as snowflakes floated around his sisters hand and was sent up to the sky causing snow to fall to the ground in the casita.

Elena created mound of snow on top of the ice floor she made as Camilo began to run around and play. Elena formed a snow ball in her hand abd throws it at Camilo whilst his back was turned.

Upon I'm back with his head he turned around with a gasp and pointed at her "no fair Lena" he then bent down and picked up some snow from the ground and formed it into a ball then threw it at his sister, who was running around to, as he aimed it hit her in the chest causing her to freeze in shock.

"Oh it's on chameleon" she said and white that they both began a snowball fight each time hitting each other causing the fight to continue. Though they stopped when Camilo felt his hands begin to go numb and instead he went to sit down in a pile of snow whilst Elena made a snowman in-front of him.

"Hi I'm escarchado (frosty) and I like warm hugs" Elena said behind the snowman as it faced Camilo who had stars in his eyes as he looked at the snowman.

As time past the wo continued to play when casita told them that midnight had come upon the town. Though it didn't bother the twins as they continued to play with Camilo jumping on pillars of snow that got higher each time as Elena made them. Though Camilo began to jump faster not giving his sister a time to catch up.

Struggling to be at her brothers speed she yelled "Camilo slow down" just as she said that Camilo jumped when there was no snow to land on, trying to save him, Elena sent a bloat of her gift to him but she slipped causing it to hit her brother in the head knocking him unconscious when he landed on the son on the casitas floor.

Shocked Elena quickly caused the snow towers to disappear and ice and frost to spread along the home that triremes to alert the other members of the family but couldn't die to being stuck in place. The snowman crumbled to the floor as Elena picked up her brothers head and looked at him in fear of what she had done.

Scared the girl could only do one thing "mami, papi!" Screamed Elena as more ice covered the home. Elena hugged her brother close and looked around at what was once fun was now dangerous.

Hearing her sister shout in fear Dolores left her room in a panic not caring for how she looked. Though as soon as she looked over the railing she froze in shock before quickly running, carful not to trip, to her parents room and slammed their door open "mami papi come quick it's Camilo and Elena!" She yelled not caring for her hearing at the moment.

The parents woke with a start from the slam of their door but became wide awake when they let Dolores words sink in. A cloud began to form above Pepa's head as she got out of bed and ran out past her daughter to see what was wrong with her babies. Though as she stepped out she nearly slipped if it weren't for Felix behind her to steady her. Both parents looked at the house in shock seeing it covered in ice and frost but it snapped the out realising something is terribly wrong.

"Elena!, Camilo! Where are you? Are you ok?!" The mother yelled looking around the second floor of the house though when she saw Dolores run down the stairs in a hurry she followed. The sight she saw broke her heart one of her babies laid unconscious in her other baby's lap whilst she sobbed uncontrollably. They both ran to their youngest children in fear and looked over them for any injuries and both gasped when they saw a piece of Camilo's  curly hair white as snow.

The commotion caused the whole family to wake in annoyance and they all went to see the commotion. When Julietta saw what it was she hurried in to the kitchen to make something for Camilo whilst the rest went to see what had happened to the twins.

Abuela turned to the youngest twin and her glare softened at how broken she was, kneeling down abuela gently tilted the girls head up to meet her eyes. The girl continued to sob as she fell into the woman's arms muttering "I'm sorry Camilo" over and over again.

"Mi Vida tell me what happened please" Alma asked her granddaughter gently whilst rubbing circles on her back.

"C-Camilo wanted to play s-so I agreed a-and then he was t-to fast and w-when I told him to slow d-down he wouldn't and I hit his head with m-my gift, I-I'm sorry!" Elena explained the tears coming down faster.

Julietta rushed back to the twins and to Camilo's side with an arepa in hand gently she opened Camilo's mouth and closed as the food was chewed by her helping him. When Julietta help Camilo swallow the food his head turned back to how it naturally was and began to wake up.

"What happened?" He asked.

Startling awake in a cold sweat Elena sat up and looked around in fear and then down at her hands. Closing her eyes she breathed in deeply before calming down when she breathed out looking to the side she saw Camilo asleep with his arms still wrapped around her stomach.

"We sorted the problem, it's just a dream it won't happen again Elena, get ahold of yourself" she said to herself whilst clenching her fists. She looked up at the clock and realised the time "only a few hours ok, WAIT! No we have to get ready for the engagement! Camilo get up!" She yelled pushing him off her and onto the floor.