005...𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

𝙰𝙲𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴
(005... 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚋𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝)

CASSIE WALKED AROUND UNAWARE THAT SHE ALMOST REACHED HER DESTINATION.

Once she and Emmanuel had been very far away from both Bartholomew and the hall where they stood, they promised to meet at midnight to go hunting in the Forbidden Forest according to where Dumbledore instructed them to do so - at least that's what Emmanuel had said.

So, Cassie made her way to the Slytherin common room to pretend to be asleep in her dorm then sneak out when the time comes. But soon enough and once she noticed that she was infront of the common room door, Cassie realized she had no idea what the password was. After she knocked on the door - and hoped someone would open the door for her but as she predicted: no one did - she sat on the floor, leaning her back on the cold stone wall of the dungeons.

Maybe she would be lucky enough to make an excuse out of it the next day or maybe someone who had been wondering around the castle in the darkness of the night would come along and know how to open that door. But until then, she would rest her head on the wall behing her.

Thankfully, the odds were in her favour and barely minutes had passed by when she noticed Tom approching her. Cassie stood up, smiling slightly and very grateful that didnt have to sit on the cold floor for two more hours.

"What are you still doing out here?" Tom asked, concern lacing his words.

"I have no idea what the password is and if the librarian hadn't told me that it was almost past curfew I would've definitely gotten punished." She lied smoothly.

Tom chuckled, "Salazar," he said and the double doors swung open revealing the familiar common room.

It smelled of burnt wood and lake water as it always did. The stone walls were moist with water from the lake above them, the one that they could clearly see from their glass ceiling. It would have beem freezing in this room, if there wasn't a constantly lit fire in the chimney - one that never went out.

Cassiopeia bid Tom goodnight and made her way to the girls' dorms. She snuck in and lay on the bed, not bothering to change out of her clothes or sit under the blanket. The moonlight washed over her face while she gazed up at the moon remembering the girl that sat in her place a few years ago, crying because she had lost her mother and the man she thought was her father. The one that couldn't believe that everything she'd known about her family was a lie. So much had happened since then and especially these past weeks that had felt like a year themselves. Cassie couldn't help but wonder what the young girl she was would think of her now. Would she approve of her? Would she hate her? The thought itself made Cassie feel worse about herself than she ever did.

--♡︎--

TOM RIDDLE KNEW HE LIVED IN LIES. Or atleast he made people think he bought their lies. The truth is, he had caused the problems that forced them to lie. That was what he did: chaos and tearing people to the ground were his speacialty because if he had to feel pain while growing up, then everyone does too.

In order to achieve his goals, he made allies far more powerful than he was but not for long. Once he has read all those books he got from a certain Professor and successfully created his first horcrux, he will make his allies cower infront of him until they beg for his mercy. His sixth year, this year, was the perfect time to complete his plan. That was why he sat on the couch in the Slytherin common room reading one of those books while everyone else was asleep.