006...𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝙰𝙲𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴
(006... 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜)

THE FALL CHILL CAME ALONG WITH OCTOBER. September had passed by really quick and October was nearing its end aswell yet nothing changed in Cassie and Emmanuel's daily routine. Waking up, 'eating breakfast', classes, 'eating lunch', homework, 'eating dinner', hunting from midnight until two, sleeping. This cycle has repeated itself for these past two months.

The pair never knew how the centaurs let them back in the forest but they strongly suspected in had something to do with either Dumbledore or Bartholomew - the second option being more unlikely than the first.

And with the end of this month came Hallow's eve and decorations set all around the castle for this occasion. Usually, Cassie would've been excited to eat the delicious pumkin pie prepared by the Hogwarts elves but this year the 31st of October seemed like any other day of the year. Even if Emmanuel told her that vampires can learn to stomach food for a certain amount of time, they have to be trained for that and neither of them were so it didn't work much for cheering her up.

As she woke up that morning a bit later than she usually would seeing as it was a weekend, Cassie walked into the Great Hall to see the decoration. Along with floating candles, some jack'o lanterns helped the dim morning light glow around the hall.

Once she sat down on the Slytherin table that was almost empty she noticed Emmanuel trying to catch her attention from the table across hers. He was nodding to the small hall where she had rather rudely talked to Bartholomew on the first night. He got up and walked off in its direction indicating that he will be waiting for her there. Except when she tried to make her way there, she stumbled across Tom.

"Good morning, Cassie!" He said cheerfully.

"You're excited," she chuckled as his smile widened.

"Haven't you heard? We're allowed to go Hogsmeade today."

"How nice!" She exclaimed, she knew how much Tom loved Hogsmeade since he almost always talks about it and how great of a place it is. "Well, better go get a jacket then; talk to you in a second."

He waved goodbye to her as she sprinted past him.

Once she arrived to the darkest corner of that hall, Cassie found Emmanuel leaning on a wall.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Yesterday, when I snunk back to the Ravenclaw tower I heard two people approaching where I stood. I quickly cast a Disillusionment Charm on myself and stood in a dark corner. As they passed by I heard snippets of their conversation. They mentioned murders and vampires and Hogsmeade." He explained.

"And what does that mean?" Cassie said, confused.

"Cassie, that means there's a rogue vampire or vampires out there - near here - sucking actual people's blood out of them and killing them afterwards." If Emmanuel was human Cassie was sure that he would've been out of breath by now.

"Okay but why are you so nervous?"  She asked.

If there was a rogue vampire out there what did that have to with her and Emmanuel?

"If anyone knew you're a vampire especially since you're a fledgeling also known as the most out of control vampires you will be their first suspect. And who does actually know what you are?"

"Dumbledore."

Almost as if on cue, the Professor himself walked towards them.

"Speak of the devil," Emmanuel muttered, "Bonjour, Professor Dumbledore!" He exclaimed with an upbeat french accent.