Flower breaks in

"Get in bed, child" I say, holding up the blankets, Rose crawls in bed and huffs while crossing her arms, I roll my eyes and throw the blanket over her head.

"Night, Rosie, love you" I say, leaving the room after hearing a muffled love you from under her blankets.

"Wait! Do we still have the call with Flower?!" I hear Rose yell, I smile and yell back.

"Yeah! Tomorrow! Time will go by faster if you sleep!" I yell back, I smile when she doesn't respond back.

I swear, sometimes Flower can get her to behave. I'm jealous.

Sighing, I go to the kitchen and open my computer. My boss is going to kill me if I don't get this done before our meeting tomorrow.

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

6 Hours Later

🎶Get your umbrellas, get your umbrellas. It's rainin' fellas-🎶

I answer my phone.
"Who the hell is calling me at 3 in the mor-"

"Sweet Jesus. You're actually awake"

"Flower?" I ask making my voice sound like I was just woken up.

"Oh, quit the act, ain't no way I'm believing you now"

"Why are you awake?"

"Long story but I'll give details. Neighbor made me angry, shot at his house with my rifle, there ya go"

"I- When did you get a neighbor. Why shoot at his house?"

"Bout a couple months after I moved here. I didn't really shoot at his house. Just some flower pots on the rail of his porch"

".......I haven't seen him when we visit"

"He is quite boring if ya ask me. He goes to work and comes back. We talk sometimes"

"Wait, you actually socialize?"

"Kinda have to at work, let alone with my only neighbor"

"......True. Anyway, why are you driving at 3am?"

"......Ask no questions I tell no lies"

"Don't tell me you're going to set fire to your neighbor's car"

"DO YOU KNOW HOW GODAMN DANGEROUS THAT IS?!" I pull the phone away from my ear when she screams. Ow.

"We live in a forest. Dangerous. In the city it works"

"Yes, I remember my ex. He still doesn't know who did that"

"And never will. Who knew hairspray cans were flammable?"

"Almost everyone on earth"

"Ah yes, I guess people on midgard aren't complete fools"

"Why are you using your Loki tone. Should I be scared? Do I need to come up with an alibi for you again?"

"Nooooooo. Gotta go. There's spiders drivin' around"

She hangs up.

That woman I swear.

Getting up, I go to the living room and turn on the tv, I need background noise. Flower is going to drive me insane if I let her. Sometimes I think I need to get her head checked out to see what mental crap she's holding.

Growling, I open the presentation and start editing it, occasionally opening my notebook that I use for notes in meetings.

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙