Hairclips and Zack

(AN: Here's the story cover by the way)

Rose's POV

I leave my room when I hear the shower in the bathroom turn on. I walk into the kitchen only to quietly start backing out when I see Evie searching the fridge.

"Ya know…. You mainly got dad's personality but I got his alien super hearing" She says, making me pout as she closes the fridge with some meat in her hands and grabbing frozen veggies from the freezer.
"I was his favorite, I'm a lot like daddy, that's why" I say, she nods with a laugh.
"Yeah, a blind man could even tell you were, I bet" She says, I smile and run back to my room, crawling under my bed, I grab the fishing tackle box and pull it out as I crawl back.

Opening the lids on top, I grab the picture of daddy and I when he went to the hospital for his "head injuries" as Evie called it. Putting the picture back and closing the fishing box, I put the box back in its place under my bed.

Standing up, I go to my coloring box and grab an animal coloring book, crayons, and coloring pencils, also grabbing Evie's Tattoo coloring book with so many patterns in it. Maybe I could get her to finish coloring the deer lady in it.

Running back out, I throw the two books on the kitchen island and the crayons and coloring pencils. Evie looks at me amused as she turns on the stove.
"You can color with me while dinner cooks!" I say, pushing the color pencils and her book towards her, she smiles and grabs it, opening to the page she was working on.

A few minutes into coloring, I see Shay quietly walk through the kitchen entryway, I smile at him as he looks at what I'm coloring. Evie gets up and checks the meat as Shay sits next to me. I whisper to him.

"I know the house feels scary but daddy would have loved you" I whisper, a tight lipped smile shows on his face and he slightly nods. I poke his cheek.
"You should smile more" I say.
"Rose, let him be" Evie says, her closed off personality showing, I nod and go back to my coloring book, I glance at Shay and see him watching me color. Going through my coloring book, I pull a lion coloring page out and set it in front of him, setting the crayon box in between us, I go back to coloring my turtle.

"She's letting you color the lion? Even she didn't let me" I look up and see Evie pouting but a small smile breaks through as she cuts the meat.

"You have your coloring book!" I say, pointing at the book she closed when she got up to check dinner.

"True" She says.

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

Evie's POV

After dinner, I give Rose a bath and get her into some pajamas. Rose gets her stuffy, Stitches, from her room before running into the living room with one of her favorite movies on disc in her hand.

Dad, I curse you for ever showing her that movie.

Saving Private Ryan.

"Roseeeee, not again" I groan.

"Put on your pajamasssss. It's not gonna be movie night if you aren't wearing pajamas" Rose says, I nod and go to my room, Shay just sits on the couch trying not to laugh.

Going in my room, I quickly change into my pajamas before going into the living room and plopping on my reading chair. Rose grabs the remote and hits play.

After 2 hours I look at Rose, only to see her asleep, curled into a ball and hugging Stitches to her.
"Why does she have such an…. Interesting stuffed animal?" Shay asks, I smile.